Saturday, February 28, 2015

Florida, here I come...

As you read this, I am on the plane from Arizona to Florida to visit my mom: a much needed trip.

This morning, I woke at 4am and had no trouble getting out of bed. No laying around. No hesitation. I literally jumped out of bed and got ready.

Since I have a full day of travel and nothing to do, I thought it would be fun to check in and let you all know that I am indeed alive.

The last few months have been filled with work, mini-trips, dating, Netflix binges and being super lazy. Truth. Not ashamed to admit the last two.

* I am still seeing Dreamy. And learning that dating is hard and confusing. I have started to realize how awkward I am. AND am realizing how my insecurities really do affect my relationships with people. But more will come on that subject in the future!

* Dreamy and I have taken a few trips here and there. Flagstaff. Sedona. Grand Canyon. Basically mini trip= locations in Arizona. I guess I want to explore the state in which I live at the moment.

* I was able to visit my dad (finally) in Texas and see all but one of my siblings. It was amazing and put me on the right track again. For a moment there, I forgot how important family is. So, this trip to Texas helped to keep me grounded/ put me back in my place.

* I have started to feel like I am finding my niche at work. I am making friends and feel like I have a group of friends that I can rely on. I have even created a Monday night happy hour recurring date with a few coworkers. Niche found!

* My roommate is still awesome. I really am starting to feel like he is a friend rather than just a roommate. We have roommate dinners at least once a week and he is starting to see that I am not just "serious" Lourdes. I have a weird/ crazy side! OOOOHHHHH yeah

So... I will try to  keep posting during my week in Florida. Fingers crossed!

Love you!

Lourdes









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)