Saturday, November 8, 2014

Acts of kindness...

A few weeks ago, I found out that one of my coworkers' home was cleaned out. While she was at work and her kids were all at school, someone broke into her house and stole EVERYTHING. They even took the toothpaste from the bathrooms.

She was devastated. Her kids were freaked out. They moved out of that house the same day and relocated to a different area.

I look up to her for so many things. Her strength in that situation was amazing. She acted as if everything was OK. I don't know how she did/ does it. I have never had anything that drastic happen to me but I had the hardest time keeping it together when we had a little incident almost a year ago.

A week ago, a few of us got together because we wanted to do something for her. The kindness and selflessness of my coworkers is astounding. I am so lucky to work with such amazing people. we ended up gathering enough funds to get a large gift card for her.

I am proud of my team
My coworkers
My friends

This world has some good in it. 

I witnessed it. 

XO




1 comment:

  1. That is so terrifying! :( My heart goes out to her and her children!

    Luckily she has some awesome co-workers!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)