Monday, September 1, 2014

Zoom Zoom Zoom


A little bit of fun from way back when! 

Happy Monday everybody. It feels so good to sleep in and not worry about waking up for work. This weekend was a much needed long weekend.

I really did not have anything planned for the weekend. BUT I knew that I had to make the most of it since Colon headed to Vegas mid-day on Friday. House to myself... just the way I like it.

These past few weeks, I have been having a horrible time falling asleep. I have had so much on my mind and I cannot stop the thoughts whirling through my mind. So, I find myself laying in bed at a reasonable time but not actually falling asleep for hours. Lately, my typical "fall asleep" time is between 3 am and 5 am. It's horrible because I end up getting a few hours of sleep and am exhausted at work.

Usually, I go a couple of days exhausted and then one night I just pass out from exhaustion. It's a vicious cycle that I need to remedy because I do not think I can handle this anymore. Anyone have any ideas on how I could turn off my thoughts at night and get a full nights rest?

So... yeah... this long weekend was supposed to allow me to relax and try to catch up on sleep. I don't think I actually accomplished that though.

I did not  fall asleep until 4 am Thursday night/ Friday morning. I was miserable at work and exhausted after work. BUT... there was no time to rest. My coworkers decided we would have a night out.

... and a night out is what we had. I took a short nap after work, had a few drinks while getting ready to go out, had a great LIGHT dinner with a friend, and a great night out with friends. (again... lack of sleep...)
Via


Saturday started slowly. I was exhausted and not feeling well. After running around in the morning, I napped until the Gator Game was supposed to start.

GO GATORS!

The game was supposed to start at 4 pm and I met up with my friend Victor to watch the first game of the season. I was so disappointed when the game kept getting delayed because of lightning in Gainesville. SO... I kept drinking and eating. Hopeful that the game would eventually start. The game started 2 or 3 hours later. Only one AWESOME Gator play... and then lightning delay. Yup. The Gators' opening game was terminated.

So upsetting. I was looking forward to the new Gator season!

Saturday night ended with a girls wine night. A new friend of mine came over and we talked for hours. It was amazing and much needed. I was able to open up and talk about the things going on in my head. So yeah... wine night ended really late... so I was not surprised when I woke up relatively late on Sunday and felt groggy the whole day. Too much!

Colon came home on Sunday and he could see how tired I was. It was nice to have him back.

...and now it's Monday. Tomorrow work starts for the week and I am already counting down to next weekend.

Let the countdown begin!

XO 








2 comments:

  1. Can you not sleep because you're thinking about work? If that happens to me, I make a list of everything on my mind and email it to myself at work so I know I'll see it the next day and I can just forget about everything for the time being. Sometimes it helps. If I'm just trying to get tired I'll read something not particularly interesting, or listen to a podcast where the person talking has a nice relaxing voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely already counting down till the weekend too! And I absolutely LOVE that you put the Zoom Zoom Zoom video on here! One of my favorite Disney movies!!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)