Sunday, August 24, 2014

Flibbertigibbet

It's been too long.
A month and 3 days, to be exact.

I lost the urge and motivation to blog. It seems that ALWAYS happens when something is going wrong in my life. Or I am stewing over certain things.

The last time I became distant from this blog (and my friends and family) it was due to issues with Colon. You can read about it here. Everything seemed to be getting better, but I knew in my heart it wasn't. It was all a mask. And guys... as of Thursday, I am single. I AM SINGLE.

After 7 years of dating the same person... I am no longer in a relationship and I feel...

RELIEVED.

Sounds horrible, right? I know it does but I am happy. For me AND for Colon.

Guys... we made each other miserable and I am sure we both felt trapped in this relationship. I can't pinpoint when I started doubting this relationship but it has been awhile. Nights of laying next to him and thinking, "why am I here?" and "I am such a horrible person". I knew he was feeling the same way but was too unsure of my feelings and too afraid of ending something that was so familiar. Because let's be honest, it's hard to leave the familiar for the unknown.

I won't go into detail. All I will say is that everything ended well. We are friends and I hope we continue to be friends.

Now to enjoy being single... 

How do I do this? It's been about 7 years since I have been single. 

BAHHHHH!

Oh and...Say bye bye to the old blog header...


XO 











1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you girl, of both of you for being mature and realizing what needed to happen. That takes a lot of courage. I wish nothing but the best for both of you as you transition into this new chapter of your lives! I say just enjoy being single for a little while, reconnect with old friends and do some soul searching! You got this!!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)