Sunday, June 22, 2014

A little bit of nerves

It's a Saturday night in for me tonight! Colon went out with some friends and I opted to stay in and get myself organized. I have been on a roll all day. I have cleaned, mopped, and vacuumed the whole house. Errands have been run... Now I get to spend tonight vegging out!

The thing is... I am freaking out. I keep finding things to do so that I do not think about Monday. Guys, I start my new position on Monday and I have the pre-first-day-of-my-new-job jitters.

What if I fail?

What if I suck?

What if it isn't what I expected?

I don't even know what I expect! I have to keep reminding myself to have confidence!

 BELIEVE IN YOURSELF LOURDES!

---

Since my last post, work has consumed my life. As always, my office has been short staffed and quite hectic. you do not know how many times I woke up to my alarm and contemplated calling in sick. I didn't do it... but I was tempted.

You know who WAS sick... Colon! I was so worried about him because he had a fever for a few days and even after the fever broke he was having symptoms of the flu. It breaks my heart when he gets sick because he becomes such a baby. You will not believe how many times I left the house for meds, Gatorade, water, soup, and any other thing that a sick person craves.

This past week was spent tying up things with my coworkers and clients. It was so sweet because one of my clients actually got me a bouquet of flowers because she was sad that I was leaving.

 Via
Via

This broke my heart and almost made me rethink my decision to move. Notice the italicized "almost". This post will clue you in on how necessary this move is for me!

I also found out that my not-so-baby sister got into nursing school! I am so proud of her and am so excited to see her start in this new adventure/ path in her life! I knew she would get in and rolled my eyes when she previously told me how worried she was about getting in. It'd funny how things like that work! Another instance when confidence is necessary!

---

Last Saturday was an amazing day. Colon was still sick but was on the road to recovery. Since he was still feeling bad AND the World Cup games are in progress, I decided to have a day out to myself. I treated myself to some Pei Wei.

Via

Come on, doesn't that Kung Pao Chicken on brown rice look yummy? It definitely was and I am so hooked on this meal. I crave it all the time. After lunch I wandered around the strip mall and came across Ulta and Bath & Body Works. It has been a while since I have gone shopping, let alone been into these two stores. So, I used my new job as an excuse to pamper myself and it felt great! No guilt here!

Via
On my way home from my excursion, I found eggs frying on the sewer plate in my neighborhood. I am going to assume that they were having fun and taking advantage of the heat that has been plaguing Arizona this summer. I do not blame them at all.

Last weekend ended with the last episode of the Game of Thrones season. So. Good. I cannot wait until next season and I am dreading the wait! Does anyone else watch that show also? Is anyone else as obsessed as I am?

While watching GoT last Sunday, I never thought that I would feel this nervous (and slightly sad). yesterday was my last day of work and saying bye to my COWORKERS was hard. After my last shift, the whole staff went to Gordon Biersch and had a few drinks. We reminisced and got to know each other better. they all gave me a card and I almost cried while reading it.

Via

A few of us ended up going to Four Peaks for a few more drinks. Of course, I ended up having the yummy Peach ale!

The few drinks that I had last night ended up affecting me this morning. I was feeling so bad (hence my refusal to go out with Colon tonight). 

I cannot believe that I got so much done today. My house is clean and I was able to get ingredients for my favorite recipes. I am going to try to make some of my favorite dishes: Rabo encendido and crawfish etouffee. 


Via

...and to end the night on a good note... Colon and I had Cuban food for dinner. 

YAY!

Night y'all! 

XO

Lourdes

1 comment:

  1. YOU WILL BE AWESOME AT YOUR NEW JOB!!!! I'm so excited for you! Seriously, you'll be great :) Some nerves are good, but don't doubt yourself!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)