Thursday, May 1, 2014

Awards are fun...

Via

This past weekend was awesome. I wish I could say that Colon and I went out and spent the weekend out of the house.

We didn't.

We totally spent our free time at home and vegged out. The only time we went out was for volunteering (Colon stayed home while I left the house) and the Rawhide Craft Beer fest. When we first arrived at Rawhide, I got excited. I realized that it was made to look like a Wild West town and that intrigued me. Since Colon was with me, we spent the time trying beers and hanging out with one of his friends... BUT I vowed (to myself) that I would revisit this Old West town and explore the shopping (I really want some cowboy boots!... or is it cowgirl?) and the reenactments!

What kind of beers did I fall in love with during this festival? The Sonoran White Chocolate Ale and the Vanilla Porter. So yummy!



What else made my weekend awesome? An email from Vianney that made me smile. Welp... she nominated me for the Liebster Award and made my weekend even better! I started following her blog a few months ago and several of her posts have caught my attention and pulled at my heart strings. I am glad I stumbled upon her blog!

Anyways... back to the Liebster award. I have been nominated for blogger awards a few times but it still makes my day when I get nominated. The last time I was nominated for the Liebster award, I got to answer a few questions. I highly suggest you go back and (re)read my responses to those questions!

What are the rules for the Leibster award?
You must...
* link back to the person that nominated you.
*answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
*choose 10 bloggers to nominate for the award and they must have a small following.
* create 10 questions for your nominees.
*go to their blogs and let them know you nominated them.
*not nominate the blogger that nominated you.

Vianney asked some awesome questions!

1. What's the meaning behind your blog name?

When I first started posting on the blog, my only real direction was getting out of the rut that was my life. I was self conscious and unhappy.  Colon and I were in a low point in our relationship and I was stressed over school. I needed a reminder of who I was and how amazing I could be. The blog helped me remember to love and trust myself. Love was key. Love of myself. Love of Colon. Love of my family. This blog was a back to basics for me!

2. Pick one: sweet or salty?

SWEET! Honestly, would you rather a bowl of salt or a bowl of sugar? :)

3. If you could pick one person to be stranded on an island with, who would it be and why?

COLON! He is fun to hang out with! PLUS we could procreate and populate the island!

4. What did you last dream about (that you can remember)?

The baby dream. I still can't shake it!

5. Who would you pick to be your celebrity bff?

I really cannot think of someone at the moment. I have been racking my brain for an answer and no one sticks out... someone selfless and a role model. 

6. If you had a reality show, what would it be about?

It would be about my day to day work life- "The Office" style! I swear I work in the weirdest and funniest office!

7. What's one thing that's on your bucket list?

Visit the moon. I hope they start to do this before I die!

8. Can you quote an entire movie? If so, which one?

Yes. The Home Alone movies. I am so obsessed with them! I watch them EVERY holiday season and can watch them over and over and over and over again!

9. What is a habit that you can't seem to break?

Picking the skin on my fingers. Such a bad habit but I cannot stop... any suggestions?

10. Which Sex and the City character do you associate with?
    Charlotte! her reactions to everything just reminds me (and Colon) of my own reactions!

    I am going to break the rules and will nominate you... and you... and you. I ask that you answer the questions that I pose and just email me or comment here so that i can check out your answers! :)

    My questions to you?

    1. If there was a movie about your life, what celebrity would you choose to play your?
    2. What is your favorite season and why?
    3. What do you break the budget for?
    4. How many siblings do you have? Are you all close?
    5. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Does it bother you?
    6. Is there something about yourself that you would like to change?
    7. Do you have a significant other? If you do, what is something you love about them? If you don't what are you looking for in your significant other?
    8. Do you blog? If so, what do you like about blogging?
    9. If you were stranded on an island, what 3 bloggers would you like to be stranded with?
    10. If you blog, how would you describe your blog? 

    Have fun answering the questions!

    XO


    1 comment:

    1. Love your answers! And congrats on the award :)
      I'm a bad person to ask about breaking bad habits...still biting my lips terribly.
      Happy Friday!

      ReplyDelete

    I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)