Friday, March 28, 2014

Purging

It's finally Friday. After a week of thinking each day was the wrong day, I am so glad to see that the work week will end soon. Just a few more hours to go.
Via

I woke up super (exaggeration) early this morning for our Friday morning meeting. I was tired because I was so excited that the Gators beat UCLA in the Sweet Sixteen round of March Madness. So excited to so how far we will go in this tournament.

So yeah... I was exhausted this morning. But it will be OK because I actually get to go home early today. OH YEAH. More time to enjoy the weekend.

Last Sunday while Colon and I were driving to lunch, he casually mentioned that he would not be in town for my birthday this year. I could not believe it. We have been together for 6 and 11/12 (basically 7) years and most of my birthdays were spent apart. He was either on an internship out of state or he was visiting his family in a different city in Florida.I understand why he won't be spending his birthday with me this year. I get it. His niece is due to make her presence in this world the day before my birthday. But still... it hurts and I do not know how to verbalize it without feeling selfish and stupid. I keep thinking about the last two birthdays. They were both amazing and are up there on my "best birthday" list. I mean, two years ago we spent it in NYC and last year we had an amazing time here in Arizona.

Am I being unreasonable and selfish? 

I think I know the answer to that...

Honestly, I think the initial shock hurt the most. I got it out of my system and now I randomly just feel twinges of hurt here and there. Just writing it out has helped me.

I am glad I purged this just as the weekend is starting.

Now I leave you with some cool music to welcome your weekend...


XO

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should come to Orlando this year for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be really upset. Seriously, Ammon know he would be in deep shit if he wasn't around for my birthday. And maybe that makes me selfish. I don't care. I feel you on this.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)