Monday, March 10, 2014

Pay it forward

Gosh darn. I am forever confused on how to start a blog post... 

Pay it forward.
Have you heard of it?

Person A does a good deed for person B.
Then person B does a good deed for person C.
Then the cycle continues.

I love the idea of this.
How amazing is it to do something for another person.

Last week, I was sick and had to miss a few days of work.
During my days in bed, I started thinking about all the things I should be grateful for.
My family. My life. The roof over my head. My amazing friends. My boyfriend.
My job and all the people it has allowed me to come across.

One person in particular came to mind.
I help this person practically everyday!
One day, I was feeling ill from the effects of a migraine.
The next day, he came in and brought me a jamba juice to help me feel better.
Such a kind and thoughtful gesture.
Unexpected yet it impacted my day.
Made me feel special.

I want to do that for others.

I want to make people feel special.
With a simple smile.

With an unexpected gesture.

So, I have decided create a "Pay it forward" category in my biweekly budget.
This will be my monetary portion of Pay it forward.
Whether it is a dollar towards the next persons coffee.
Or a few dollars to the next persons groceries.
I will pay it forward.
It will be random.
Whenever it strikes my fancy.

My non-monetary pay it forward?
This is the most important and special part of my Pay it Forward project.
There will be no limit.
Anything and everything to help brighten someone else's day!

I cannot wait!

XO





1 comment:

  1. I love it! Maybe I'll put it on my list - pay it forward regularly.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)