Thursday, March 6, 2014

It just happens...no big deal...

More than half way through the week and I am ready for the weekend.
It's ridiculous how often I say that.

+ I have been suffering from a week stomach since Sunday.
I am having trouble holding things down and it sucks.
blah...

+ I got some good news from a friend a week ago.
She is expecting.
I am so excited and I cannot wait to snuggle her little one.
Looking forward to babysitting!
Oh yeah!

+ I have loved Kevin Spacey for the longest time.
He is such a talented actor and I can never turn down a movie whenever I see he is in it.
I LOVED American Beauty  (he was amazing in it) and have been obsessed with House of Cards.
If you have not seen HoC, check it out! It's on Netflix.
Another reeason why I love Kevin Spacey?
This video:




+ Colon took me to see The Wind Rises on Saturday.

Via

It is the latest Hayao Miyazaki movie.
I definitely suggest watching it.
So good!
Plus, it may be his last movie!

+ I am loving these photos of Victorians smiling!
Doesn't it just make you smile?

+ This letter from W.E.B. Dubois to his 14 year old daughter is amazing.
LOVE the message in it!

+ Charisma inspired me with Tuesday's post.
I am pretty shy but once I feel comfortable my personality comes out.
I just need that initial push.

+ Once a month, I go onto Amazon and check out the free eBooks that they have.
I go on a downloading spree and download anything that seems interesting.
At the beginning of the year, I realized I had way too many books on my Kindle.
So, I have been trying to read them to at least make a dent into the list of books.
Some have been really good. Page turners. Engrossing.
Some have not been worth the read.
I have been reading like crazy and you will see that my 36 in 2014 list has grown.

Book update
Amethyst- Lauren Royal
Paper Roses- Amanda Cabot
A Lady of Deception- Catherine Knightly
Madeleine- Caroline St. Vincent
Silver Storm- Cynthia Wright
Life Before Man- Margaret Atwood
Intentions of the Earl- Rose Gordon
No Greater Love- Catherine Kingsley
The Officer and the Bostoner- Rose Gordon
To Catch a Spinster- Megan Bryce
No Place for a Lady- Jade Lee
Tennessee Waltz- Trana Mae Waltz
The Phantom of the Opera- Gaston Leroux
The Rancher takes a Bride- Sylvia McDaniel

One of my favorite reads for the year is Phantom of the Opera.
Obviously, since I have posted about it so many times in the last week. 
I finished it on Sunday and I am still in a PotO mood.
Heck, I am still in a "I must read all the time" mood.
Hope it stays throughout the year because I have a few books on my bookshelf that I am looking forward to reading!


XO

36 in 2014
1. The Scarlet Contessa- Jeanne Kalogridis
2. The Turning of Anne Merrick- Christine Blevins
3. Ambersley- Amy Atwell
4. The Earl's Inconvenient Wife- Ruth Ann Nordin
5. The Scoundrel's Secret Siren- Daphne Du Bois
6. Nothing to Commend Her - Jo Barrett
7. Caroline- Cynthia Wright
8. Outlaw Bride- Tanya Hanson
9. Mood Indigo- Parris Afton Bonds
10. Calico- Raine Cantrell
11. The Stargazer- Michele Jaffe
12. Myriah- Claudy Conn
13. Amethyst- Lauren Royal
14. Paper Roses- Amanda Cabot
15- A Lady of Deception- Catherine Knightly
16. Madeleine- Caroline St. Vincent
17. Silver Storm- Cynthia Wright
18. Life Before Man- Margaret Atwood
19. No Greater Love- Katherine Kingsley 
20. Intentions of the Earl- Rose Gordon
21. To Catch a Spinster- Megan Bryce
22. The Officer and the Bostoner- Rose Gordon 
23. No Place for a Lady- Jade Lee
24. Tennessee Waltz
25. The Phantom of the Opera- Gaston Leroux
26. The Rancher takes a Bride- Sylvia McDaniel

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to your friend who is expecting! What an exciting time in their life, and yours as a friend :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)