Thursday, March 20, 2014

Adventures on a day off...

Today I followed the pattern of my last mid-week day off.

I stayed up late into the wee hours of the morning trying unsuccessfully to pry myself away from a good book. I ended up finishing that book and forcing myself to go to bed. During my late night read, I was drawn to Colon's sleeping form next to me. There is something so tender and innocent about a sleeping man. As I looked at him last night, I was reminded of my love for him and I just felt so... happy. This led to the best sleep that I have had in a long time.

I am sure Colon read that last paragraph and thought of this:

Via
Sent to me by Colon

Anyways... I was so excited to have a free day where I can do whatever I wanted. Colon left for work and I promptly got up and started getting ready for the day. Half way through putting on my shirt, I hear the front door open. It turns out Colon forgot his computer at home and decided to work from home for the first half of the day. So, cleaning the house became my first priority. That took so much time that we went to Pita Heaven for lunch right after. I got a yummy Gyro and we pigged out.

The rest of the day was all mine. Once I got home, I got down to business. I gathered a blanket, my phone, Zune and tennis shoes. I then started my Nike+ app and started to journey to the park.


 It was such a gorgeous day. The temperature was perfect. The sky was blue. The smell of flowers was in the air. 

Via
Is this jasmine? It smelled amazing!

Via

Via

Via

Oh it was amazing. I even found a new small little park that I hope to frequent soon. 


The rest of the day was spent browsing the web. (shocking...) and baking a cake for Colon (Yummy!)



I found some cute things online. What did I find?

An  outfit that I am currently coveting.
 Keiko is just gorgeous and her style always catches my eye!
Charisma posted a cover of Let it Go and I have been watching it non-stop. 
A nail polish idea
A turtle C section. Breaks my heart. 
1000 years of European border change
My hometown is the first one on this list. Oh yeah!
I am trying to decide whether I really want the UP or not. 

...and now it's time for me to scarf down that cake.

Yummy!

XO


1 comment:

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)