Saturday, January 4, 2014

Some time with my mom...

2014 has treated me well so far.

New Years eve was relaxing. It was great to be able to see my coworkers and wish them a Happy New Year. After work, I rushed home to get ready to meet up with one of my middle/high school friends (his name is Charles). It had been years since I had seen him and I was extremely excited!

We ended up going to the Old Spaghetti factory and eating a ton of food. I was so happy to be conversing with Charles again. When we were younger, I would always "bother" him. t was great catching up. i ended up inviting him and his friends over to watch a couple of the football games. Around 10pm, they headed out to Tempe to the block party to bring in the New Year. Colon and I were going to go, but I was feeling so sick and so tired. I actually fell asleep 30 minutes later.

How did we bring in the New Year? I slept. Colon played video games into the wee hours of the morning.

Sad.

But I felt great when I woke the next morning.

I picked my mom and aunt up on the first day of the year. She flew into Phoenix and I could not stop smiling that day. We took her to have lunch at Rudy's. After dropping Colon off at the house (he was not feeling well since he was also sick and did not get any sleep the night before), we headed to Lee Lee's market. We bought a whole bunch of ingredients for my mom to make Filipino dishes! Yummy!

The past few days have been filled with bonding time with my mom.

Via

Via


I don't want her to leave!

XO

2 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing! We went to bed at about 9:30 on New Years...which I basically always do. I'm ok with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are getting some quality time in with your mom!

    There is nothing wrong with waking up well rested on the first day of a new year! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)