Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was great. I was so worried that I would be alone for Thanksgiving, but I wasn't. I woke up after a great nights rest. I was relaxed and excited to have a calm and lazy Thanksgiving. I texted my friend and let him know that he could come over whenever he was ready.

While I waited, I started the Turkey and pumpkin pies. Before I put everything in the oven, there was a knock on my front door. My friend was over and that was when our Firefly marathon started. We watched the show while everything cooked. When I realized that I was going to have an extra person for Thanksgiving, we decided to make our way to Walmart. I wanted to get potatoes for mashed potatoes.

Yes. We ventured to the grocery store on Thanksgiving. There was hardly anybody there. Which was perfect.

When we got back home, the Firefly marathon continued. We ended up finishing the season which cued us to start our Thanksgiving dinner. Before we dug in, we took a few minutes to say what we were thankful for. It was such a heartfelt moment.

That night, it wasn't hard for me to fall asleep. I felt at peace. Maybe it was the turkey. BUT I want to believe that it was the conversations that me and my friend had before dinner.

... Then I woke up this morning.

I thought this day would never end. I woke up exhausted and dreading this day of work. I wanted to keep celebrating Thanksgiving and stuffing my face! Work was slow and the time crept by.

One of my favorite coworkers put in his two weeks notice two weeks ago and today was his last day. So hard. I hate goodbyes.

I realized that yesterday's post never published. Why?

...and the day finally ended.

Feels good to be home...

XO

Lourdes


PS... It's funny how my attitude went from grateful/ thankful/ optimistic to pessimistic overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)