Friday, November 8, 2013

I can never get enough...

Via

It's Friday and I am ready for the weekend. 
Ready for relaxation.
Ready for fun!
Ready for the massive amounts of reading time.

It's a long weekend. SO... of course there will be reading time.

Reading time has been filling my mind lately. I have just been in the "reading mood". It has been amazing. I am going through books as if they were a few words long. I am not going to question it. I am just going to keep reading until I get sick of it.

Since my last update, I read 4 stories. Lady of the English by Elizabeth Chadwick was another historical fiction. I cannot get enough of them and this one did not disappoint.

The Wayward Muse by Elizabeth Hickey. During one of my trips to the library, I noticed that this book was being featured. So, I did what everyone does. I checked out the book cover and read the synopsis within the book sleeves. Based on the synopsis, I was excited to read this book. As I started reading, my first thought was... "this is not what I expected". The happenings were slow and I was not a fan of the characterization. I never was able to find a character to relate to and hated the decisions that the characters made. I just was unable to "enjoy" this book.

Blue Asylum by Kathy Hepinstall. My Gosh. I was SO DISAPPOINTED when I realized I was coming to the end of this book. I was shocked by how well written this book was. It took me back to my high school days when I had to dissect the book for literary devices the helped progress the story. There was so much hidden in this book. So much juxtaposition. So many themes. With this book, Kathy Hepinstall became one of my favorite authors.

A Winter's Knight by Elizabeth Cole. An extremely short story that can be found in the freebie Amazon Kindle book list. Cute. Simple.

I feel bad for adding that last one. It was so short but it was cute. And I never set rules on how long the stories had to be to be added to my "read" list.

So yes. I am on to another book and am having trouble putting it down. I'll update again soon!

Happy end of the week/ weekend y'all!

XOXO



24 in 2013: Progress
1.Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
2. The Constant Princess- Philippa Gregory (Reread)
3. The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory (Reread)
4. Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn 5. Forever - Judy Blume
6. The Boleyn Inheritance - Philippa Gregory
7. The Queen's Fool - Philippa Gregory
8. The Virgin's Lover - Philippa Gregory
9. The Other Queen - Philippa Gregory
10. Mr. Darcy's Diary - Amanda Grange
11.The Canterville Ghost- Oscar Wilde
12. Madame Bovary- Gustave Flaubert
13. The Abandoned- Amanda Stevens
14. Maid to Match- Deanne Gist 
15. The House of the Whispering Pines- Anna Katherine Green
16. Culture Smart! Philippines: A Quick Guide to Customs and Etiquette- Graham Collin-Jones
17. The Handmaid's Tale- Margaret Atwood
18. Persuasion- Jane Austen
19. Ever After- Elswyth Thane
20. Sense and Sensibility- Jane Austen
21. The Case Book of Sherlock Holmes- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
22. The Phantom Tollbooth- Norton Juster
23. Fifty Shades of Grey- E.L. James
24. Fifty Shades Darker- E.L.James
25. Fifty Shades Freed- E.L.James
26. The Sweetwater Trail- N.L. Campbell
27. Maggie's Journey (McKenna's Daughter) - Lena Nelson Dooley
28. Forget Me Not- Jade Goodmore
29. Texas Hold Him- Lisa Cooke
30. The Measure of Katie Calloway - Serena B. Miller
31. The Sweetest Kiss- Marie Higgins
32. The Mistress of Trevelyan- Jennifer St. Giles
33. The Secret Keeper- Sandra Byrd
34. My Lord Wicked- Cheryl Bolen
35. My Gilded Lily- Deborah Swift
36. The Sister Queens - Sophie Perinot
37. Lady of the English - Elizabeth Chadwick
38. The Wayward Muse- Elizabeth Hickey
39. Blue Asylum- Kathy Hepinstall
40. A Winter's Knight- Elizabeth Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)