Friday, November 15, 2013

Everyone needs a little bit of sunshine in their life!

I was so excited when I started reading blogs yesterday and came across a gem.

One of my favorite things about blogging is the friends that I have made. I have learned so much and have met some awesome people.

Decoybetty is one of my favorites and she nominated me for an award! Oh yeah!




The Rules

1. Include the award logo in your post.
2. Link to the person who nominated you
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link the nominees to your post and notify them!

The Questions

1. When life gets busy, how do you stay motivated (particularly to blog, but just in general as well)?

I love making lists. So, I will do things on my list (I use Any.do! Great app!) I cannot stand to leave things on my list!

2. What recipe is like "your thing" the thing you make really well and your friends always ask you to make?

I am a horrible cook. I am notorious for NOT cooking!

I just have to be honest!

3. You are throwing a blogger dinner party, which five bloggers would you invite?

Look at the list of the people I nominated. I would invite numbers 4,6,9,11,12. If I could there would be no limit. But I had to choose. 

#blogcliques
#meanbloggers

lol... Kind of feel like a mean girl!

4. When the dentist asks you "Have you been flossing every day" and you say "yes, of course!" are you lying?

Yes. 

I feel bad! I hate lying. 

5. If you have a life list type of thing, what are the top five things you really want to tick off in the next year? (And if you don't, what are some of the things you want to accomplish next year).

Funny that I do not have a list like this. 
Hmm... I have to think about this one. 

~I know I am going to have a reading challenge for next year. I definitely want to reach at least 24 books!
~I want to learn a programming language and take it seriously. 
~I want to build up my personal (and joint) savings! So important. 

6. We all say we love to receive letters, so what's the one thing that inhibits you from writing and mailing them?

Buying stamps. I HATE doing it! I am so lazy!

7. What's your guilty pleasure? (TV, book, movie, snack?)

Chocolate. Put a bowl of chocolate in front of me and it will be GONE. No self control when it comes to chocolate!

Also, books. I walk into a bookstore and want to buy EVERYTHING!

8. What is your favourite thing to clean around the house and why?

The bathroom. I have no idea why. All I know is I LOVE using Scrubbing Bubbles! 




9. What does Thanksgiving day at your family look like? (And if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, tell us about your favourite holiday)

When I was younger (before I turned 18), it usually was spent with my mom's family (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc). We would plan the dinner at one of the houses. If we were hosting, we would spend the whole day helping my mom prepare. By "helping my mom prepare" I mean that my sisters and I would do one or two things like gather the ingredients and then we would watch Christmas movies on tv, read books, talk. My poor mom would do EVERYTHING.

Once everything was done, everyone would come over. The cousins would eat first. Once we were done, the parents would eat and the cousins would do things on their own. I miss those times.

No that we are all grown up, I spend Thanksgiving with whoever is in town. Last Thanksgiving I was lucky. My mother and sisters came into town. So I hosted it!

10. What is the most liberating thing you've ever done? And why?

Graduating from college. It made me feel so important. Like I am meant to be something. 

Now I just have to go back and get my PhD...

Who do I nominate?
1. At the Glass Ranch
2. Everyday is a New Adventure
3. His Little Lady
4. Rolled Up Pretty
5. NiftyBa!
6. Charismatic Concepts
7. Crowley Party
8. Entirely my Own
9. Tragic and Lovely
10. Why Story
11. Why Girls are Weird

last but not least...

12. Decoybetty

I had to add her! She is awesome!

So... go check out their blogs and see what their answers are to MY questions:

1. Growing up, which parent were you the closest to? Did this change at any time?
2. Do you believe in "Love at first sight?" Do you think it happens?
3. What period of history is your favorite? Why?
4. If you could change one thing about your appearance what would it be? 
5. What is your favorite fast food place?
6. If you could live in any country, where would you live? If it isn't the country you currently live in, why did you choose another country?
7. How many kids do you want to have? Boys? Girls? 
8. Can you do a push up?***
9. Who is the most influential person in your life? How have they influenced you?
10. I nominated you because I love your blog. Why did you start blogging? Has your motivation for blogging changed as time goes on?


Happy Friday y'all!
Enjoy it!

XO



***I can't. So sad.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks for the nomination friend! You are the best! :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you! I'll answer some of the questions here. I've always been more calm and patient with my dad then my mom (my mom agitates me for some reason). I love the 60s, I feel like there was so much people power/social change/a real movement and I think that would be really exciting. I can do push ups! I do a lot of yoga. I started blogging because one of my friends has a blog. I've always written journals and stuff and I process life through writing. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)