Tuesday, October 22, 2013

*Stars and Butterflies

It's not Friday yet? What?

First day back at work and I wasn't looking forward to work. I was looking forward to socializing with coworkers but actual "work"...ehhh, I could just skip the "work" part.

Yesterday was fairly productive. I got a lot done and even squeezed reading time in!

I hate the feeling when you are waiting at a doctor's office or for your turn at a salon and you realize that you forgot the book you were reading. It happens to me often and I always end up starting a kindle book while I wait since
a) I always have my Kindle with me and
b) I hate to waste valuable reading time.

That's what happened to me last week. I had started reading a library book (hello... time crunch!) and brought it to work so that I could be sure to read during my lunch break. Well, lo and behold, I get home from work that night and realized that I did not have my book. I left it in the office. What did I do? I just started another book during my wait! I have finished both of those books (they were amazing) and they are the reason for this post. I get to add 3 books to my 2013 reading list.

The Sweetest Kiss- Marie Higgins
The Mistress of Trevelyan- Jennifer St. Giles
The Secret Keeper- Sandra Byrd

I have been on a historical fiction/ historical romance kick and am loving each and every book I pick up. All three of these books are worth reading and I would highly recommend them. Just be warned. They are addictive and it will be hard to put them down!

So, go pick these books up and read them. I will even leave you with a playlist to listen to while you reading.

Pride and prejudice by Lourdes Echagarruga on Grooveshark

Yes. This is the soundtrack from Pride and Prejudice. Perfect for reading time!

XO


*The title of this post is the name of one of the songs on the playlist. FYI

24 in 2013: Progress
1.Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
2. The Constant Princess- Philippa Gregory (Reread)
3. The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory (Reread)
4. Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn 5. Forever - Judy Blume
6. The Boleyn Inheritance - Philippa Gregory
7. The Queen's Fool - Philippa Gregory
8. The Virgin's Lover - Philippa Gregory
9. The Other Queen - Philippa Gregory
10. Mr. Darcy's Diary - Amanda Grange
11.The Canterville Ghost- Oscar Wilde
12. Madame Bovary- Gustave Flaubert
13. The Abandoned- Amanda Stevens
14. Maid to Match- Deanne Gist 
15. The House of the Whispering Pines- Anna Katherine Green
16. Culture Smart! Philippines: A Quick Guide to Customs and Etiquette- Graham Collin-Jones
17. The Handmaid's Tale- Margaret Atwood
18. Persuasion- Jane Austen
19. Ever After- Elswyth Thane
20. Sense and Sensibility- Jane Austen
21. The Case Book of Sherlock Holmes- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
22. The Phantom Tollbooth- Norton Juster
23. Fifty Shades of Grey- E.L. James
24. Fifty Shades Darker- E.L.James
25. Fifty Shades Freed- E.L.James
26. The Sweetwater Trail- N.L. Campbell
27. Maggie's Journey (McKenna's Daughter) - Lena Nelson Dooley
28. Forget Me Not- Jade Goodmore
29. Texas Hold Him- Lisa Cooke
30. The Measure of Katie Calloway - Serena B. Miller
31. The Sweetest Kiss- Marie Higgins
32. The Mistress of Trevelyan- Jennifer St. Giles
33. The Secret Keeper- Sandra Byrd

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)