Sunday, October 13, 2013

A Lourdes Sunday...

There's nothing like a relaxing Sunday.
 No work to worry about.
No stress.

Just Lourdes time.

The weather is nice. Not too hot. I am definitely enjoying the semi-sweater weather. I can drive around with my windows down and not be too upset that my AC isn't working.

This morning was a dream. Waking up late and not rushing to get ready for the day. I had big plans. I picked up a friend and we went thrift store shopping. I found a skirt (that I have already hemmed) for work and a couple of books to add to my growing book collection! We had lunch at In-N-Out and then headed to the library. I whipped out my library card and brought home 4 books to read.

The library was a breath of fresh air. Something much needed. Peaceful. Quiet. A safe-haven.

Once home, I decided to catch up on news and put together a list of articles that I have found interesting the past two weeks. You see, I have finally given into the Flipboard app. Friends at work have been urging me to get it and now that I have it, I am loving it. I can finally keep up with news and new findings!

Here's what I have been oohing and aahing over...

Something that I know fellow Floridians would love!
I wish I worked for NASA! Let me travel through space and collect diamonds! How cool is this?
I am loving these old school pictures from the Civil War and France!
I hate bees but this is sad! AND this is scary!
I knew peanut butter had to be good for something other than sandwiches! GO GATORS!
Let's make sure to keep this contained!
I may have the Sourpuss gene!
I HATE spiders but this is interesting!
I don't think I can take the heat!

Did any of these articles catch your attention? They were cool, right?

I think I am going to keep this Flipboard app! It makes it easier for me to keep up with the happenings of the world... 
while I am lying in bed... 
in the morning...
trying to decide if I am going to call into work. 
Just kidding!

So yeah, my Sunday has been amazing. Now I get to end this post by proudly saying I have added 3 more books to my list. This post is long already so I will not review the books. I will just say that I enjoyed all three of them and am looking into more books from the authors. (that means, I recommend the books!)

Forget Me Not - Jade Goodmore
Texas Hold Him - Lisa Cooke
The Measure of Katie Calloway - Serena B. Miller

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

XO


24 in 2013: Progress

1.Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
2. The Constant Princess- Philippa Gregory (Reread)
3. The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory (Reread)
4. Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
5. Forever - Judy Blume
6. The Boleyn Inheritance - Philippa Gregory
7. The Queen's Fool - Philippa Gregory
8. The Virgin's Lover - Philippa Gregory
9. The Other Queen - Philippa Gregory
10. Mr. Darcy's Diary - Amanda Grange
11.The Canterville Ghost- Oscar Wilde
12. Madame Bovary- Gustave Flaubert
13. The Abandoned- Amanda Stevens
14. Maid to Match- Deanne Gist 
15. The House of the Whispering Pines- Anna Katherine Green
16. Culture Smart! Philippines: A Quick Guide to Customs and Etiquette- Graham Collin-Jones
17. The Handmaid's Tale- Margaret Atwood
18. Persuasion- Jane Austen
19. Ever After- Elswyth Thane
20. Sense and Sensibility- Jane Austen
21. The Case Book of Sherlock Holmes- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
22. The Phantom Tollbooth- Norton Juster
23. Fifty Shades of Grey- E.L. James
24. Fifty Shades Darker- E.L.James
25. Fifty Shades Freed- E.L.James
26. The Sweetwater Trail- N.L. Campbell
27. Maggie's Journey (McKenna's Daughter) - Lena Nelson Dooley
28. Forget Me Not- Jade Goodmore
29. Texas Hold Him- Lisa Cooke
30. The Measure of Katie Calloway - Serena B. Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)