Sunday, September 15, 2013

Goal reached!

Life lately has been a blur.

Reading has been my release.

My comfort.

SO, I have been reading double speed lately. My last 24 in 2013 post was two weeks ago. In that time, I finished 4 books. So, I can say that I have reached my goal!

24 Books!

The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster

This book was recommended by my boyfriend. Apparently it is weird that I had never read (or heard of) this book before. So, he bought it for me. When I looked at the cover, I noticed the author's name. That is when I got excited. The author's first name is the same name as my turtle! (I am not kidding... this really did excite me). I have to say that this book is a quick read AND it is very Alice-In-Wonderland-ish. It has the same feel. It is a fun read. I will definitely read this to my kids (if I ever have any). 

Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James

Ok... so I have read these books before. I even blogged about them. So, this could be considered cheating. BUT, I did read these books and there were no rules against rereading books for the challenge. So, I am going to count them. PLUS, I needed to make sure I had the books fresh in my mind after finding out that the movie has been cast.



Charlie Hunnam. YUMMY!

So yeah! I reached 24! Here's to a few more for the year :)

XO



PS... I promise I will recap the New York trip. I have just been... out of it!



24 in 2013: Progress

1.Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
2. The Constant Princess- Philippa Gregory (Reread)
3. The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory (Reread)
4. Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
5. Forever - Judy Blume
6. The Boleyn Inheritance - Philippa Gregory
7. The Queen's Fool - Philippa Gregory
8. The Virgin's Lover - Philippa Gregory
9. The Other Queen - Philippa Gregory
10. Mr. Darcy's Diary - Amanda Grange
11.The Canterville Ghost- Oscar Wilde
12. Madame Bovary- Gustave Flaubert
13. The Abandoned- Amanda Stevens
14. Maid to Match- Deanne Gist 
15. The House of the Whispering Pines- Anna Katherine Green
16. Culture Smart! Philippines: A Quick Guide to Customs and Etiquette- Graham Collin-Jones
17. The Handmaid's Tale- Margaret Atwood
18. Persuasion- Jane Austen
19. Ever After- Elswyth Thane
20. Sense and Sensibility- Jane Austen
21. The Case Book of Sherlock Holmes- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
22. The Phantom Tollbooth- Norton Juster
23. Fifty Shades of Grey- E.L. James
24. Fifty Shades Darker- E.L.James
25. Fifty Shades Freed- E.L.James

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)