Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sleep... where are you?

It's Wednesday Thursday ya'll.

Can you believe it?

Almost Friday!

This week has been a roller coaster. I wasn't too busy at the beginning of the week, but then Wednesday hit with hurricane force. 

After work on Tuesday, Colon and I started to prepare his suitcase. Yup. He was going on a trip. A trip to Puerto Rico for his friend's bachelor party. I was just a little bit sad to know he was leaving. It was hard for me to fall asleep. 

So, I woke up EXTREMELY tired on Wednesday. I knew I would have to drive him to the airport after work and, again, I was just a little bit sad. So, after work we finished up the packing, took showers, and headed out to dinner. We went to Grimaldi's and had such a lovely time. I dropped him off at the airport and...

I didn't cry. Nothing. Just kissed him goodbye. 

I didn't miss him until I got home. 

...and I miss him.

I didn't sleep well last night. Second night in a row. 

I could not stop thinking about him. Knowing he would be flying all night. I always get nightmares when I know that the people I love are flying. I love to fly but you never know what will happen. I was also thinking about everything I had to do to get the house ready for a friend to come in town. 

Said friend is the fiance of Colon's "Puerto Rico" bachelor friend. I met her through Colon on this trip. I mention how nervous I was here.  We became friends and I always looked forward to seeing here, especially on this trip to New York City (their home town) and this trip to Vegas. Well, a couple of month's ago, she let me know she was going to be in town for a baby shower and asked if she could stay with. Of course, I would never say no. 

So, she will be coming this weekend. Tomorrow night, actually. That is why I have been spending the last couple of hours cleaning my house. Right after work, I went shopping. Not for clothes. Not for makeup. No. I had to FINALLY buy bed sheets and a bed comforter for the guest room bed. 

I am finally at ease. Now that the house is clean. The bed is dressed.

                     I think I will fall asleep really easily tonight. 

                                           Love you all!

                                                                 XO 



1 comment:

  1. Isn't it fun to host people? It feels like that guest bedroom is finally put to use! :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)