Friday, August 2, 2013

I am flattered but...

There I was. Helping a customer at work. We concluded the meeting and he left.

An hour later, he is back in my office.

I greeted him with ,

"Hi...your back!..."

and he replied,

"Yeah, I came back to get your number".

This conversation ended with me NOT handing my number over and telling him that I was flattered. I was shocked. Is it normal for people to do that in a business/ professional setting?

I am not used to guys doing that... How am I supposed to react?

Has something like this ever happened to you? How did you react?

XO

Lourdes

PS... Happy Friday! Enjoy the weekend!




3 comments:

  1. That's nuts. I've never had that happen to me in a professional setting though!

    You did the right thing by telling him you were flattered. Rejecting someone is never easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. That is totally awkward in a professional setting. That wouldn't be shocking if he ended up seeing you while out and about, but to come back to your work and ask? I think you handled it the best way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work in a restaurant, so I feel like it's a little different (and yes, I've been asked out before, gah, so awkward).

    Totally weird in a business setting!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)