Friday, August 30, 2013

Are you a Liebster?

So... guess what happened this week.

This lovely lady nominated me for a bloggy award!

Oh yeah!

It's called the Liebster Award. 

Basically it gives us bloggers the chance to meet new people, make friends, and find new blogs to become obsessed with.



Here are the 
Rules:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the 10 questions they have created.
3. Nominate 10 fellow favorite bloggers and let them know you have nominated them.
4. Create 10 fantastic questions for your nominees.



SO, I am excited to answer the questions...Here we go ya'll!

1) If you could be an animal, which animal would you be (and why)?
Come on. 
This is easy
I would TOTALLY be a turtle. They are my favorite animals. They are so cute and just so active. Just so you know, I love turtles so much that I have my own pet turtle. His name is Norton and he is like a child to me! So cute!

PS... Turtles really aren't slow.  




2) Thinking back over your life, what was your best/favorite/most awesome day?

The day my dad and I started talking/ texting/ emailing/ messaging again. Hands down!
I love you dad!

3) What were you like in high school?

I was an introvert that reveled in the fact that I had overprotective parents. How awesome is it to have an excuse for a personality that was not very popular in high school? I mean, everyone wanted to go out and party. Hang out all the time. It was not cool to WANT to stay home and read...or do arts and crafts... or spend time with the family. 

I was lucky!


4) What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you?

I cannot even sort through the kind gestures and pick one. There are just so many kind things that have been done! The world is an amazing place. That is what keeps running through my head. 

5) What is your greatest accomplishment?

I will have to come back to this question. I have done so much and will have to chose one thing to label as my "greatest" accomplishment!


6) Do you like your name? Why or why not?

. To be honest. I wasn't partial to it growing up. I HATED when people would say,

"OH... Lourdes... Like Madonna's daughter".

No B*tch... I was born first!

Now... 

I love my name. I have not found too many people with the same name and I think it's just...me!


7) If you had to pick only one song to listen to for the rest of your life, which song would it be?

A run-on song (like run on sentence) containing all of the Beatles songs!



8) It's Friday night... Would you rather have a quiet night in or a wild evening out?

Quiet night in.  How about a bubble bath with wine and a great book. Ten times better than a bunch of drunk people acting stupid! You know?

9) Where would you rather vacation: Alaska or Hawaii? Why?

Hawaii. Who can turn down the beach? It's just gorgeous! To do: Book a trip to Hawaii!

10) What is your most favorite book?

I have posted about my favorite book a couple (1 2)of times on the blog. 

Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier

The book is just engrossing. Read it and then watch the movie. I promise that you will love it!


That was fun!
Now... I would LOVE to nominate everyone, but I have a few blogs that I wanted to share. SO I am going to nominate them!

Everyday is a New Adventure
His Little Lady
Rolled Up Pretty
DecoyBetty
Entirely My Own
This Radiant Life
Tragic and Lovely
Typical Kim
Why Girls Are Weird

There you have it. Ten blogs that I look forward to reading everyday!
There are more... But these ladies have become friends to me in the last few months!

Now for my questions...

1. Have you traveled out of the country? If you have, where? 
2. How many siblings do you have and are you all close?
3. BSB or N*Sync? Why?
4. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
5. Would you rather a glass of beer or a glass of wine? Why?
6. What is your favorite aspect about your job?
7. Name your Alma Mater (High school/ college/ university). Are you a [insert mascot name here] fan?
8. You have won $1,000,000. What would you buy?
9. Who is your best friend? Why does she deserve the title of "best friend"?
10. What is your favorite book-turned- movie? What makes it your favorite?

Have fun ya'll!

XO



4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for nominating me! That's so sweet! I'll definitely do this :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the Liebster! It is much appreciated. I love that you would be a Turtle... I probably would too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was involved with a lot and I am pretty bubbly at school, but once I got home I just wanted to be home. Sounds like we would have been friends in high school :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)