Monday, August 5, 2013

a weekend visitor...

What a weekend.

It was crazy and hectic.

But I loved it.

The craziness started on Friday. I knew Friday was going to be crazy busy, so I prepared the house on Thursday night. With the house clean and put together, I didn't have much to do on Friday after work. My friend was coming in from California an hour before midnight and I had to make sure that I stayed up. So I rearranged things and tried to make sure everything was perfect for her arrival.

I was so nervous about her coming. We met twice before. We got along amazingly. I was just worried and nervous because our personalities are night and day. We are complete opposites... and that made me nervous.

I don't know why I was so worried. We got along amazingly. We talked for a couple of hours once we got home. The only reason we broke up the chat fest was my having to work on Saturday morning. A short early shift. So, it was 2 am and I was on my way to falling asleep. At 3 am my friend REALLY needed someone to talk to, so she joined me in bed. We had another chat fest for a few hours.

Saturday
*I was not able to fall asleep for the rest of the night. Work was miserable. I was EXHAUSTED.

*We went shopping (for a baby shower gift and some make-up) and made our way to a baby shower.

*I SUCK at the baby shower games. I instinctively cross my legs (which means I lose my mini-clothes pins) and I have a horrible time remembering that I cannot say "baby" (so I, again, lose my mini-clothes pins). It's horrible. I am just not made for these baby shower games.

*We (my friend, Rama, and I) went to The Living Room and had many...
       ....many
                  ....many
                             ....many
                                        ...many glasses of wine and cocktails.

Sunday
*I woke at 11. It felt great to sleep in. It was just awkward that my guest woke up 2 hours before I did. I always make it a point to wake up before my guest. It's rude to have them wake up and before you and "fend" for themselves!

*We met up with Rama for lunch at Grimaldi's. Yummy pizza.

*I dropped my friend off at the airport. SO sad!

*Colon came home. It was emotional. I missed him a lot.

He brought back a turtle figurine from Puerto Rico. He knows the way to my heart!

Via

This weekend was great. Needless to say, I was able to get a good nights sleep last night. FINALLY!!!!

XO


I am linking up with Weekend Shenanigans!

Sami's Shenanigans


1 comment:

  1. I like your blog! So glad your weekend ended up being so much fun. Many many many glasses of wine sounds like my kind of night! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)