Saturday, June 22, 2013

TGIS

This week was long. And rough. Hence the lack of posts.

Work was stressful.
Next Friday is the end of the quarter. SO much to do before then. We are short staffed which makes it ten times harder. SO much more pressure on everyone else. 

Sleep was interrupted. 
Yup. I did not have a full nights sleep this week. Thursday night was plagued with nightmares. Not the zombie-chase or ghost nightmares. No. It started with a nightmare about being mugged while walking to my car. I woke up. I then had a nightmare about someone breaking into my house. 
I felt so insecure Friday. I kept looking over my shoulder and questioning everyone that looked at me funny. My nightmares really affected me!

FINALLY continued one of my projects.
Via

I started a cross-stitch project when I was STILL living in Florida. I finally dug it out of storage and made some progress on it this week. I plan on turning this into a small handbag. I just need to ACTUALLY finish the cross-stitch portion of it!

Rekindled my love affair with reading. 
I mentioned that I was having a hard time getting into Madame Bovary before. Well, I ended up finishing the book this week. I have to say that the book DID get SLIGHTLY better.Just not good enough for me to recommend the book anyone. I was just too bored and found that I forced myself to read it. 

This week, I added two more books to my 24 in 2013 resolution.

24 in 2013: Progress

1.Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
2. The Constant Princess- Philippa Gregory (Reread)
3. The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory (Reread)
4. Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
5. Forever - Judy Blume
6. The Boleyn Inheritance - Philippa Gregory
7. The Queen's Fool - Philippa Gregory
8. The Virgin's Lover - Philippa Gregory
9. The Other Queen - Philippa Gregory
10. Mr. Darcy's Diary - Amanda Grange
11.The Canterville Ghost- Oscar Wilde
12. Madame Bovary- Gustave Flaubert
13. The Abandoned- Amanda Stevens

Now the question is... What to read next?

Colon stayed up ALL night last night.
He came home yesterday with a soldering iron and other materials for his "soldering station".

Via

Via

He stayed up all night playing video games and working on a project.
NERD!

Anyways. At least it is Saturday. The weekend. Finally, some relaxation!

Thank God it is Saturday!

XO


2 comments:

  1. Uh oh Madame Bovary is on my book list to read ... But now I'm nervous from your (non) recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an amaaaaaaazing boom recmfor you! I'm blogging about it tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)