Thursday, May 9, 2013

We all need a Mr. Darcy in our life...

I have been a horrible blogger lately. my posts have been sporadic. Life has been busy, yet quite uneventful. This equates to the perfect stay-at-home-and-be-lazy reading time. That is just what I have been doing. 

I am proud to say that I can add two more books to the list:

The Other Queen by Philippa Gregory 

Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange


Via Amazon.com


I have mentioned my love for Philippa Gregory before. Her books, no matter the series, are amazing. I always end up lost in the story and find myself coming back for more. 
This book was slightly different. I DID enjoy the story but I found it hard to become engaged. It was slower than what I am used to. At times, I found myself reading to finish the book rather than reading to find out what happens to the characters.

I am going to assume that I was not as interested in the characters of the story. They bored me and I had trouble finding a character that I liked.

Please do not avoid this book because of what I had to say. Definitely read it and see what you think!

via Amazon.com

I absolutely loved this book. The love story between Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett will always intrigue me. I have read Pride and Prejudice  more than a normal person should. I am obsessed. So when my best friend Kirsten mentioned Mr. Darcy's Diary, I was dead set on reading it. 

Amanda Grange did a great job. The writing style used was quite different than Pride and Prejudice  but I got used to it pretty quickly. The book made me see Mr. Darcy in a different light and made me love him more! I kept mentioning Mr. Darcy to my boyfriend after I finished the book.

I definitely think you should read this book because

we all need a Mr. Darcy in our life!

Welp. I am almost half way through the year and am pretty much on track for my goal of 24 books in 2013. I AM keeping track of everything via Goodreads.com, so if you want to follow along come find me on Goodreads!


XOXO




24 in 2013: Progress

1.Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
2. The Constant Princess- Philippa Gregory (Reread)
3. The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory (Reread)
4. Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
5. Forever - Judy Blume
6. The Boleyn Inheritance - Philippa Gregory
7. The Queen's Fool - Philippa Gregory
8. The Virgin's Lover - Philippa Gregory
9. The Other Queen - Philippa Gregory
10. Mr. Darcy's Diary - Amanda Grange


4 comments:

  1. I've wanted to read Mr. Darcy's Diary! Ive seen it at the library! I might just go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read Mr. Darcy's Diary for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are doing so well with your reading list - I'm so impressed. I've just read Frankenstein for the first time and I absolutely love it. It's become a slight obsession for me at the moment....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wrote down Mr Darcy's Diary into my book list! Have you watched the Lizzie Bennet Diaries on Youtube?

    You're so right, everyone needs a little more Mr Darcy in their lives.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)