Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Hump day

...but daydreaming about this past weekend. 

When I wrote this post on Saturday,
  I was slightly delirious after a week of being sick 
I had no idea how amazing my weekend would be.

I wrote that post earlier in the day before Colon even woke up. 
Yes, I sometimes write my posts in advance!

 I then proceeded to pack my bag. 
Colon mentioned that he had a staycation planned and I wanted to make sure I did not forget anything for this trip. 
Yes, I have done this before. Like when I brought over shirts that NEEDED an undershirt but I forget the undershirts. I had to be creative during that trip and turn my skirt into a dress. It was awesome!

 Once Colon woke, we were on our way. 
We pulled out of the drive way and... 
I had to run back inside several times because Colon forgot different things.
Eventually we were on our way. 

Our first stop of our trip was The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
It was a beautiful resort and I was shocked, to say the least. 
When we pulled up, we valet parked out car and a bellman walked us to our room. 
I was speechless. The room was gorgeous. 
The view from the room was gorgeous. 
The bathroom had a HUGE tub AND a steam shower. 
The toilet room had a telephone in it. 
You read that right. A TELEPHONE. 



Colon and I were ready to explore. 
We changed into our bathing suits and started to walk the premises. 
We saw HUGE lizards and some rabbits throughout the property. 
We walked by the spa and some of the many ponds.
We then stumbled upon one of the pools where we ordered a drink 
(for Colon  remember that I was still a little sick)
and settled down for an hour. 

After dinner, we made our way back to the room. 
After we got comfortable, we opened up a bottle of wine and sat on the balcony. 


Colon smoked a cigar and we talked. 
Before we knew it (like an hour or two later), we had finished that bottle. 
This accounts for the HORRIBLE sleep we got that night. 
We went to bed around one and were both awake by four because we were both uncomfortable. 
Too much wine for us.

So, we ended up sleeping in until 11:30 on Sunday. 
...and we were both still a little bit sleepy. 

We finally made our way out to Sedona.
I had no idea what to expect.
The beauty during the drive was... overwhelming.


We immediately started to drive through Sedona. 
Just getting visuals from our car.
Eager to start hiking. 

But we headed to the hotel first.
We wanted to drop off our bags and get a bite to eat. 
We stopped at Picazzo's for a very disappointing meal. 

We then started to explore. 
We found a lot to park our car and went on our first trail. 
It was already getting dark, so we had to cut it short. 
But it made the day no less amazing.
Once we got back to the car, we decided to star gaze.   

It was so relaxing.
So thought provoking.
Time to reminisce. 
Time to fall asleep. 

...and we spent the rest of the night in the hot tub of the hotel and sleeping the night away. 

We were supposed to get up early (again), but ended up getting up at 10. 
This day was spent window shopping in Sedona. 
Once we got bored, we went and visited the Rock Cathedral. 

Via

We lit a candle for Colon's brother and said a few prayers. 
We then headed to various trails in the Red Rock area. 

Look at the color!


We hiked this...

After getting out hiking fill, we headed back to Phoenix. 
Things I learned from this trip:

* Hotels have telephones in the bathroom near the toilet. 
* Bring comfortable shoes to hike. Do not wear sandals.
* Do not wear white shorts to hike. They WILL get dirty. 
* Gluten free food is not as good as people make it out to be. 
* Colon is amazing and GREAT at planning trips. 
*Bring a car with 4- wheel drive to ride on unpaved roads. 

... and my weekend was just amazing!

XO


PS... I am sorry this post was so long.
PSS... The pictures form this trip are also in the slideshow from this post. Go check it out. 




1 comment:

  1. This place is a dream! What great color lighting, and those rocks!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)