Sunday, March 3, 2013

Speechless...

MY GOD. I don't even know how to react. I am just... shocked.

Yesterday, I decided to run to the mall and get my eyebrows threaded (<--- ten times more awesome than getting your eyebrows waxed, by the way). On my way out of the mall, I saw that the mall had a Barnes and Nobles. How could I pass that up? 

I had finished my last book (The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory) the night before and was looking for my next book. I have been seeing a few suggestions floating around in the blog world and wanted to just browse around. One book, in particular, caught my eye. 




I saw it. Picked it up. Bought it. And went home immediately. 

Colon was being a little weird (more on that later),  so I decided to start reading. 

First reaction: I have no idea what to think of Nick. I don't particularly like him. I hate the way he describes his wife, at times. What is this book about, anyway?

So, I read. 

Reaction: Amy isn't that bad. Why would he talk to her like that. 

And read.

Reaction: Why Nick. Why Andie?

And read.

Reaction: Oh, shit. This book is getting confusing. What the hell.

 And read.

I finished the book just now and I am... shocked. This book has me looking at people funny. This book makes relationships seem... scary. You never know who you are coming across. Damn. 

I definitely recommend this book. Read it. BUT be prepared for the F word. It appears often. Also, be prepared to have your mind blown!

... and my 24 Books in 2013 list now has 4 books. 

1.Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
2. The Constant Princess- Philippa Gregory (Reread)
3. The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory (Reread)
4. Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn

---

Now onto the "other" thing that  mentioned above. Colon and I had a disagreement. Nothing horrible. Just something we did not see eye-to-eye on. When this happens, he needs time to cool down. So he does his own thing. 

That's fine.

But, it lead me to think about a few things. Colon and I are out here TOGETHER. We are partners. We moved from Florida, where all of our friends and family are, to Arizona. We are each others family when we are out here. 

Whenever we had a disagreement in Florida, Colon would do the same thing. BUT I never felt alone there. I felt so lonely yesterday. I could not call a friend to meet up and have lunch. No reason to leave the house. Where would I go? My loner tendency coming back to bite me in the butt. 

It was the first (and hopefully, only) time I felt lonely since we have been in Arizona. Reading helped to pass the time. But... I am a little bit scared of the feeling. 

This leads me to ask again 

How do adults  meet people and make friends in a new place?

Any suggestions?


XO


PS... The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory is such an amazing book. You should read it, you won't be able to put it down until you finish it. AND once you finish it, you will look for more of Gregory's books to keep the feeling alive! I promise. This was the second time I have read that book and I STILL could not put it down!

PPS... I did not write the "lonely" stuff for you to hate on Colon. We all have different ways to deal with disagreements. He just needs time alone. Period!



4 comments:

  1. It is really hard to meet people as adults, and I think most people really struggle. The work place doesn't seem ideal. I'd use your blog! Find some Arizona bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Zac is the EXACT same way about needing to cool down. Our biggest problem is that we sometimes aren't ready to give each other time to cool down...and then...you know, that never helps. I'm so sorry you felt lonely but soon, you'll have all sorts of awesome new people to call up and grab a lunch date with. Or, you'll get your craft room set up and can escape there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been debating on picking up Gone Girl or not!! Thanks for posting about it! Found you through the blog hop and now following! Looking forward to reading more!
    Hated on the Playground

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I figured out you are from Florida by snooping around your blog. I am trying to read 12 books in 2013, so I am very impressed by your attempt at 24. Granted, I read for school all the time and I don't count any of that. Too boring! :) We were able to meet a lot of people when we moved here by joining a church. Let me know if you want any good churches to visit. I am fairly familiar with many in the area.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)