Sunday, March 24, 2013

From a mountain called Sunrise

Happy Sunday ya'll!!

 I am sitting here posting from Sunrise. I had already decided that I would not ski this time. I have a resolution that I need to catch up on and a GREAT book to help me come closer to completing the resolution. 

SO... yeah. I am sitting here in the lodge of the mountain overlooking the skiers and snowboarders as they ride past. I am constantly kicking myself for not going out and skiing at least for a little bit. It looks like so much fun. The snow is starting to melt and the slopes are slightly icy but that is not taking away from the beauty of the mountain. 

Although, I am yearning to go out and ski, I am not regretting my decision to stay inside and read. In the last 2 hours, I have finished The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory. I have read many of her books and a couple of her books appear on this list. I absolutely love this author and the works that she has written. Thus, I am on to my next book to read. It is another Philippa Gregory book and the next in line for the Tudor series that she has written. 

If you have not read any of her books, I do suggest that you read one. You will be entranced and will get lost in the world that she creates for you.

Sunrise is gorgeous. Even with the snow slowly melting and the ice taking over.
Middle picture: Via Instagram

Anyways, what else have I been doing while Colon snowboards? Getting myself ready for the Florida vs Minnesota game. I cannot wait. GO GATORS!

XO


24 in 2013: Progress

1.Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
2. The Constant Princess- Philippa Gregory (Reread)
3. The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory (Reread)
4. Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
5. Forever - Judy Blume
6. The Boleyn Inheritance - Philippa Gregory




6 comments:

  1. I'm sitting here while Robert skis too :) it's too cold for me today! I'll go later :) have fun relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Phillipa Gregory's books. She's such a great author. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. will check her out.. Gone Girl is also one my list.. but I have been struggling to find time to read these days

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always meant to check her books out... I need to add her to my Goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read any of her books before, might just have to add that to my list ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought the Boleyn Inheritance at Goodwill before I realized it was part of a series. It's just been sitting on my bookshelf, but now I'm tempted to get the first one so I know what's going on. They do have to be read in series order right? I don't know.

    Thanks for commenting over on my blog. Robin Jones Gunn is my favorite christian fiction author. I fell in love with the Christy Miller series when I was in middle school (It's YA fiction), but I still reread them sometimes. The first book is Summer Promise. As an adult, I love her Glenbrooke series. The first one in that series is called Secrets.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)