Thursday, February 28, 2013

You should try these....

It's Wednesday guys!
 Time is flying! Two more days and then the weekend is upon us. I am in shock at how quickly these days are going by. 

My week has consisted of work, a good book, and trying out the Sweetheart VoxBox that I received from Influenster. 



I mentioned the box in my last post. My excitement has not faded. I was so rude in that post, though. I did not even name the products that I received. So, here is the list of products. (The italicized writing is the description on the Voxbox card)

+ Olay Fresh Effects {Va-Va-Vivid!} Powered Contour Cleansing System
"A Vibrating, tri-tip facial cleansing brush that packs some punch! This battery-powered device reaches deep into contours, liberating skin from dirt, oil, and makeup in hard-to-reach places for a clean that is 400% better than basic cleaning"

+ Olay Fresh Effects {Shine, SHine Go Away!} Shine Minimizing Cleanser
"All the purifying power of a mask with the fresh feel of a daily cleaner. This face wash gently lathers and reaches deep into skin to help reduce the appearance of pores"

+ Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response
"Did you know there are three causes of sweat - heat, movement and stress? Stress sweat comes form a different gland, so it actually smells worst. Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response in Serene Citrus is uniquely formulated to protect you from all three causes of sweat, especially stress sweat. It's proven 4x more effective at protecting against stress-induced underarm wetness than the wetness protection required of an ordinary antiperspirant. 

+Skinnygirl Daily On-The-Go Bar
With only 180 calories per bar, you can enjoy Skinnygirl Daily On-The-Go bars guilt-free. The bars are natural, kosher, and high in fiber. All bars now have MORE protein, MORE fiber & FEWER carbs! These bars are the perfect indulgent treat for individuals looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle. 

---------------------

I got home from work last night and decided to try the Olay Fresh Effects {Va-Va-Vivid!} Powered Contour Cleansing System with the  Shine Minimizing Cleanser.




I was skeptical when I saw this in my box. Especially when I saw that it was approximately $13. Usually cleansing systems are way more expensive and the cheaper systems do not work very well. I tried this anyways.

I decided to use face wipes to wipe off my makeup BEFORE I used the cleansing system. My face wipes work well, but I always feel that I need to wash my face AFTER using the face wipes. It never seems to get ALL of the makeup out.

Then it was time to use the cleansing system. After reading the instructions, I put a drop or two of the cleanser on the brush and splashed my face with some water. I then turned the machine on and started moving the brush in circles on my face.

I have to say that I was quite impressed. I could see makeup on the brush when I was done. I also wiped my face with a face wipe one more time and I did not see ANY makeup on the wipe. That is awesome. My face felt amazing. It just felt clean.

I did notice that two drops of the cleanser was not enough. I tried using a larger amount today and it worked ten times better.

Would I recommend this? I definitely would. It works great  AND for $13 you won't be breaking the bank!

--------------

I have a weird routine in the mornings while getting ready. I line everything up in the order in which I am going to use them. Mouthwash. Toothpaste. Face wash  Face moisturizer.Deodorant. Primer. Makeup. Mist and set. Perfume. Etc.

This morning, while I was reaching for my Secret deodorant, my VoxBox caught my eye. That was when I decided to try out the Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response that was in my VoxBox.



I have always used Secret deodorants and have never felt the need to switch to another brand. So, I was excited when I saw a Secret product in my VoxBox. Whenever I try a new deodorant (from Secret), my first instinct is to smell it. Thus, the first thing I did after opening the box, was smell the deodorant. YUMMY! It was sweet and smelled amazing. The great thing about the smell was that it was not too strong or too intense.

Eleven hours went by without reapplying the deodorant. I was home and getting ready to take a shower. I smelled my armpit. (Yes. Weird. I know. BUT I do not care!) It still smelled citrusy. No stink. Nothing.

PLUS... The deodorant did not leave streaks or stains on my black shirt. (Which is awesome!)

If there is another scent, I will definitely buy this again. (I usually do not like citrusy smelling deodorants).

-----------------

I also tried the Skinnygirl Daily On-The-Go Bar. I was not necessarily "on-the-go" today but I could not resist the urge to try the bar. I received the Coco-nut bar and it was delicious. It was a mixture of coconut flavor and peanut butter flavor.  I do not like when the coconut taste is overpowering. I also feel the same about peanut butter. So, I was surprised when  I could taste both flavors without cringing.



The only problem I foresee is not being able to stop eating them. I guess I have to work on my self control!

---------

...and I have rambled on about my VoxBox. I am sorry if I bored anyone. I just want to get the word out about these products. You should definitely try them ALL.

There was one more product in my VoxBox. I will tell you about it in a separate post!

Love you all!

XO


"I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes."



3 comments:

  1. So many recommendations! All that stuff looks awesome - thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh how fun!! I've only received one voxbox from influenster....and it was dishsoap. Not quiteee as exciting :)) New follower from the hop!

    www.highheeledmama.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)