Monday, February 25, 2013

Let's Pizza...

I am so sore today. 
Colon is also sore and has bruises in various places on his body. 
This weekend was great.

Friday:

I received the call from my new job stating that I passed the background check and they gave me my official start date. I have no idea why I was so nervous about the background check. I have nothing to hide and nothing on my record that would prevent me from getting the job. 

Once I got off of work, the rest of my Friday was spent packing and getting ready for... a SKI TRIP! 

Yup. We were still planning on going because Colon bought the tickets already. The thing was starting to show the symptoms of my cold. He was getting sick. AND I was still getting over the sickness. SO, we made sure to pack some cold medicine and lots and lots of tissues. We were in bed by 11.

Saturday:

Started at 4 something in the morning. We had to meet up with people at 5. SO we had to hurry and get everything into the car. 

The views during the drive were just...breathtaking.

I wish I would have taken more pictures. 

The skiing was so much fun, but the day ended in frustration. Remember, this was only my second time skiing. The first time I went skiing, I learned on fresh powder. Saturday was more difficult. The snow was packed and a lot more slippery. I then made the mistake of advancing to a steeper lift and face planted. I am sure it was funny for those that were watching (AKA Colon), but I was so frustrated. AND the fall kind of scared me. I also ended up hurting my knee when I fell. 

After the day of snowing, we checked into our hotel and freshened up. We were all pretty tired, hungry, and sore. On our way to dinner, we realized that it started snowing. It was just so beautiful!

Sunday:

Started at 6 something in the morning. We were all sore but weer determined to make the day a successful one. Colon and I were still feeling sick, so we made sure to take some medicine. 

Colon went and did some runs right away. I played in the snow and took it easy at the beginning. After two or three ski runs, I decided to make it a day and hang out in the lodge. I met some interesting people and enjoyed the view from the lodge. 


This weekend was amazing. Now it is time to get back into the weekly grind. 

I hope everyone else's weekend was as awesome as mine.

Love you all!

XO


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing weekend! falling while skiing scares the bejesus out of me (And I've been skiing since I was 4). So you're not alone there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looked beautiful! I've never tried skiing! LOL I can hardly walk barefoot without tripping! :)) Glad you had a good weekend and congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Sorry you got hurt. Totally jealous that you got to go skiing! I haven't been in two years and I'm itching to go again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay to great weekends. Here's to another weekend to come quickly and for it to be even better ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that my second time skiing was WAYY worse than my first one! It is really hard and cold at first and way hard when you are sick! So sorry! It does look very pretty though!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)