Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New year... another chapter!

Happy Happy New Year everybody!

I know. I am late. BUT better late then never, right?

This is not going to be the typical "New Year's resolution" post. I'm not going to make any promises. Except for one.

Live and be happy. 

And 2013 started off right for me.

The last few days of 2012 were spent hanging out with my family. It was amazing and I am so glad that I went back to Pensacola for New Years. Yes. The driving was exhausting and I wasn't a fan of all the driving but that is OK. It was worth it. 

This vacation reminded me that my family is amazing and home will ALWAYS be wherever my family is. It's funny how my thought of "home" has changed throughout the years. Growing up, I always felt that my home was in Pensacola with my mom. Even when we had to go visit my father during the summers. Yes. We loved him and we had a blast with him. BUT we always got "home"sick eventually. 

Now, my sisters and I have moved away and have settled somewhere else for the time being. But even when we talk to each other, we always refer to our Pensacola house as "home". I have a feeling we will be calling it "home" for a long time. I know I will. EVEN when we move to Arizona. 

Holy moly  mole-y moley (sp?...and I also thought of Austin Powers as I wrote this!). Speaking of Arizona.  We are moving in two weeks. TWO weeks. TWO freaking WEEKS. Can you believe it? I sure can't. It hit me when I was on the drive from Pensacola. 

+ Am I going to drive I-75 again? 

+Am I going to drive Florida's portion of I-10 again?

+ Am I going to make friends?

+ Am I going to get used to the lack of humidity in AZ?

+ Will I be able to play with cacti all the time?

I know. I am being dramatic. But I am going to miss Florida! It's familiar and comfortable. 

...and I will be leaving it in two weeks. We have so much to do. I haven't even started officially packing. I need to get started. Bahhh... so excited!

I just have to finish up things at work. Next week is my last full week and today was hard for me. I realized that I don't have much time to spend with my coworkers... my friends. they are amazing and I wish I could take them all with me!

Anyways... let's dampen the mood. I have some pictures of the family from our New Years get-together. We were goofing around the whole time and we had a blast!



As you can see, the cousins are super close! AND my mom is extremely awesome!

I hope everyone else is doing well!





LOVE


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)