Saturday, January 5, 2013

My weekend so far...

... has been filled with wine, my sister, and boxes. 

I started off a bottle last night while waiting for my sister to come into town. It was a perfect night with the bloggy world. I posted and as I was finishing my post, my sister knocked on my front door. It was such a relief to see her. I have been missing my family terribly and it helped to have her here to fill the void. It is definitely hard to go from a house full of people to an empty apartment. 

I ended up taking my sister out to dinner. She has been stressing out about finances lately (like every other college student) and I wanted to cover her dinner and remind her that I will ALWAYS be there for her. I also wanted to talk to her and let her know that everything will be OK. Everything will work itself out in the end. I just wanted to remind her that she is not in a position to really stress out about those things. She just won't live such a cozy life anymore. She won't be able to go out to eat all the time and go shopping whenever she would like. 

 It kills me to see her stressing out over things like that. She definitely does not deserve this stress and I wish I could take it away from her. But I can't. 

All I can do is stand by her and encourage her. 

Anyways, we had sushi and it was amazing. We had such a great dinner and talked a lot. I got to know her better and our conversations throughout dinner reminded me that she is growing up and becoming a responsible young women. My mom did such a great job with my sister. She should be so proud and she deserves all the credit. 

My sisters and I have become closer in the last few years. I relish this turn in events and it gives my heart peace to know that my sisters have become my best friends. We still have a lot to work on, but last night showed me that it is possible for us to grow in our relationship. We stayed up late and talked. She was able to talk about really personal things going on in her life and I was able to do the same. It was extremely late by the time we parted for bed. 

1. Red Dragon roll!
2. Depressing. My closet after I packed my clothes

That is why we did not wake until 10:30 this morning. I definitely needed this. My sister ended up leaving right after lunch which left me at a loss as to what I should do. I was feeling lonely but did not necessarily want to hang out with anyone. I can feel myself retreating from the world and it has been happening ever since I came back from New Years break in Pensacola. That was when I got the urge to pack. 

I started with my closet. I went through my clothes and ended up with two boxes to give away to Goodwill. I then ended up filling three LARGE boxes with my clothes. Colon's clothes only took one and a half boxes. My dresser drawers are completely empty and my closet feels extremely empty. It is depressing to see it. 




...and now I have ran out of words and tape. So, I cannot continue to blog and cannot assemble boxes to continue packing. All I can do is finish this bottle of wine and read a good book. Perfect end to a busy day!

I am going to say farewell. I hope you are all having an amazing weekend!



XO


  




1 comment:

  1. That was so nice of you to take your sister out to dinner! My sister will be in college in a few years and I hope I can do the same thing for her! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)