Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I am an Arizonian now...

Today has been an interesting day. Unpacking and running errands have been the routine of the past few days. Today was more emotional though. 

It started off a little bit differently from the first few Arizona days. I woke up before Colon. Shocker. In Florida, this was common. But lately I have been extremely tired. Maybe it is the time change. Maybe it is the weather. Maybe it is all of the stress from the unpacking and change in lifestyle. So, yeah. I woke up first and managed to get a few things done before he woke. 

Once he woke, we started our day. We had lunch at a Thai place that Colon has been raving about. I was skeptical but my first bite blew the skepticism out of the water. 

We then headed to Wells Fargo. Guess what we did... Something that I never imagined we would do until we got married. 

We opened a joint account. Such an adult move. Something that married couples do. This is a HUGE step for us as a couple. It says, "We are in this for the long haul". It's a big step that I do not regret. 





We then headed to the Motor Vehicle Division. Yup. You guessed it. We waited an hour and a half to receive our Arizona license. That will not expire until 2040. (Gasp!!!) Crazy. I am no longer a Floridian. I would have cried but I had to save face in front of Colon.

I miss Florida. I love it here...but I miss Florida. 

Especially after talking to my best friend. 

Now to go eat some Pistachio ice cream (my FAVORITE) and rest for the night! This has become my nightly routine.




Love you all!

XO




2 comments:

  1. Crazy, crazy stuff! What major steps to take all in one day!! I'm glad everything seems to be going well. And hey, to end a day with a bowl of ice cream is pretty much worth it all :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)