Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Are we on schedule yet?


Hey world.

I finally found time within this 20 something hour drive from Florida to Arizona to write you. Before I start let me warn you of a few things:

A) I am typing this on my phone. So, there may be a thousand and one typos.

B) I am currently in an unknown city of Louisiana. I am so close to the Texas border. So close. Yet so far away!

C) I may fall asleep while typing this. For some reason, random bouts of sleepiness plague me while I sit in this passenger seat doing nothing.

Now that you have been properly warned, I want to catch you up on the happenings in my life. The last time I posted (Sunday), I was on my way out of Gainesville.

The last few days have been a blur. Thursday was amazing. We had a farewell dinner and it made me feel so special. There was laughter and love throughout the whole dinner. They bought me a surprise birthday cake (shhhh...don't tell. It wasn't my birthday).  I even almost broke out in an ugly crying face. You know what I am talking about. Everyone has one of those faces.

Anyways. That night was amazing. It made the next day of work hard to endure. Just knowing that I would have to say bye was tough. I took my last tour that day. I answered my last GP phone that day. Sad.

I ended the work day with Colon picking me up. He's such a sweet boy. He arrived carrying a large orchid. Beautiful! Which transitioned into our last night out with friends. We went to a cigar bar and sipped on a glass of wine.

We should have spent the night packing. I regretted that decision on Saturday. We packed ALL day on Saturday. Colon planned on going out that night. Which I knew was a naive notion because I sure as heel wasn' going to continue packing while he was partying. But whatever. He ended up staying home packing.

Colon's parents were supposed to fly into Gainesville but they ended up missing their flight. They had to take a bus from Miami to Orlando. This required Colon to drive to Orlando and back on Sunday.

Let's be honest. I already had made it clear to Colon that I wanted to leave Gainesville early so that we can spend as much time as possible in Pensacola with my mom. So, upset does not cover my emotions when i heard that they missed their flight. I was not upset with them. I was upset with the situation. Colon knew this and decided that we would stay in Pensacola an extra night. SCORE!

So here comes Sunday morning. We still had a bunch of things to pack and Colon had to head out to pick up his parents. We ended up leaving Gainesville at... 4 PM. Our plans went from leaving at 9 AM to 4 PM. Think about that. Can you imagine how frustrated I was? Me...Mrs. On-Time.

The road trip was typical. Colon drove and I... Read. Slept. Blabbed on and on. Got my thinking on. So much was on my mind. I was/ am really missing Gainesville. The familiar. The comfortable. The Gators.

And with that I am going to go. The post is getting long and Colon keeps trying to talk to me. I will continue soon with the Pensacola part of the trip. You know...the part where we see my mom AND the parents met for the first time!

Love you all.

Lourdes

1 comment:

  1. Whew what a doozie!! Well I hope you continue to have an uneventful trip and arrive safe!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)