Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup

Hello. My name is Lourdes and I think it's time to admit something...

I am a hoarder. A make-up hoarder. You know. The "I need to buy this because I need a backup just in case they discontinue this color" hoarder. I have a problem. I realized it when my sisters and mother came for Thanksgiving. I introduced my sisters to E.L.F. and they quickly bought things online. I then showed them my makeup collection. I am not kidding when I say that I had NO IDEA how much makeup I had until I started to take everything out of my box(es). It was during my show-and-tell session with my family that I vowed to not buy makeup until I have used everything that is in my collection. I really did mean it. 

The next day we went Black Friday shopping. My sisters bee-lined for clothes. Guess what I hunted down in every store. You guessed it! Makeup. at the end of the day, I ended up with 5 new lipsticks and an eye-shadow pallet. 

So I made the same vow (AGAIN) that night. And I have been strong. I kept it.

...until today. They just kept sending me emails about their sales. It has been tempting me for a while and I finally gave in today. I needed it. I have been so busy at work for the past two days and came home so stressed and exhausted yesterday. I didn't get enough sleep last night because I kept thinking about all of the things I had to do today. So, I came home and just needed relaxing time. The makeup that I just bought made my relaxing time ten times better!


The movie Elf has also made my relaxing time better. It's sad that I have seen the movie three or four times in the last few days. I was excited when I saw that it was playing on ABC family on Sunday. I had never seen it before but the movie has been mentioned on several peoples "Favorite things during the holidays" blog posts. So, I watched it. Loved it. Laughed hysterically at times. Then watched it again when they played the movie for the second time on Sunday. My favorite line?

"We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: Candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup"

...and I thought that you would like to know that I am currently watching the movie (AGAIN) as I type this post. I just saw the scene where Buddy sits in the bathroom and sings along while Jovie is showering. This reminds me of Colon. He always seems to want to talk or tell me a story while I am in the shower. He knows I think its weird, so he does it to get a rise out of me. But it's OK because when he's extremely busy, I miss his hanging out in the bathroom while I shower. 

I miss him now. He has been pulling all-nighters since Friday. It's exam time and it's his last semester on campus. So, he's working hard. 

...and on that note, I am going to say "good night".

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)