Monday, December 10, 2012

AZ is just around the corner

One day down... three more to go. Since I am excited about my trip to Arizona this week, I thought it would be nice to post my next Arizona journal entry. This move has been quite emotionally conflicting for me. I hope you enjoy!

------

November 5

I just checked the weather in Arizona and I am a little bit disappointed. The high for tomorrow is 92 degrees.  In November. WHAT? This makes me a little bit nervous about moving. Do you know what makes up for this? The fact that Daylight Savings time is non-existent in Arizona. You read that right. There is no "fall forward, spring back". Kind of cool, right?

Sooo... This is going to be a weird transition, but I have things on my mind lately. We all know that I am moving to Arizona with Colon. You have witnessed the tug of war that was going on in my mind while I was making the decision to move. BUT I have not mentioned the feeling of restlessness that has been plaguing me lately.

I have always been one to get overly excited about events whether it is a party, or a holiday, or anything out of the ordinary. It gets to the point where I start thinking,

"Only so and so days/weeks/months until I get to that event"

or

"I just have to get through these so and so  days/weeks/months".

It consumes me and I do what I have to do to get through those days. It's a bad habit that I have yet to break. I bring this up for a reason. I promise. I promise that it has something to do with Arizona! In fact, this is how I am feeling about the move. I am so excited that it has consumed me. I cannot wait to move and experience something new. It has come to the point where I am just getting through the days.

In my last Arizona [blogger] journal entry I touched on how much I love my coworkers. They are amazing. BUT they cannot change the feelings I have been having lately. I am so excited for the move that work has become redundant. It is just something I have to get through as January approaches. Don't get me wrong. I love my job. I really do. But it is harder to get up in the morning. I find myself saying "I cannot wait to move" and while I get dressed for work I find myself dreading the work day. That all changed once I get into the car and head to work. My attitude changes once I am on my way to work.

This is confusing for me. Am I feeling this way because I am ready to move? Is this just the routine boredom that always plagues me once I become comfortable in a position?

Or do I really not like my job? This cannot be the case. I know this because I do not have any of the above feelings once I am at work. I am going to assume that it is just my laziness spurring these feelings.

I just feel a little bit guilty for feeling the way I do.

Am I going to be as lucky in Arizona as I am now by finding a job that I like working with people I love?

I sure hope so!

----

After reading my entry I realized a couple of things...

+ I should not have complained about the weather in AZ because it has been freaking hot here in Florida. We are in the 70's here. AND it's POURING! Ugh... Not as hot as AZ but it's still sucks for November!

+ I am still struggling and feeling guilty about my feelings about work. Today was a great day but I started to dread it from the time my head came off the pillow.

+ I still love my coworkers! We had an amazing lunch and I especially hope that we keep in touch after the move. I can truly see them as life long friends.  :)

Hope everyone else's week started off great!

XO


1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog today and I love it! Can't wait to come back and read more!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)