Saturday, December 29, 2012

A hit and a miss...

Another amazing day has been spent with the sister and cousin! It feels great to spend time with them. I always find myself laughing hysterically with them. They share my makeup obsession which is quite awesome. 

They ALSO were quite interested in my Holiday VoxBox that I received from Influenster. Today, I tried out the NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine and the Kiss Nail Dress. 


I ABSOLUTELY loved the Lipshine! I got "Nude  York City" and fell in love. I was definitely skeptical at first and was prepared to try the gloss only once. I absolutely HATED lipgloss because I had not found a gloss that was not sticky and goopy.


I can honestly say that I LOVE this gloss. Why?

+ The color was amazing. It was natural and did not look fake. It definitely enhanced and complimented the color of my lips. 

+ It was not clumpy or goopy. My lips did not feel heavy and when I pressed my lips together they did not stick as if I had Elmer's glue on my lips. This was important to me since it was the reason why I refused to try lipgloss before. 

+ My lips ACTUALLY did not dry up with this product. It really does moisturize your lips!

+ I went to the drugstore and checked the price. For $2.49, this product is reasonable and should be in everybody's makeup bag! I will definitely check into the other colors that are available! NYC you have my business!

And... I am sad to say that the other product that I tried today didn't go so well for me. This won't be a very positive review. But please do not take my word for everything. You should definitely try the product out for yourself. 


The Kiss Nail Dress just did not agree with me. 

My sister showing everything off!

+ I was not a fan of the design I received. I looked at the website and it seems that there ARE some cute designs. So check it out.

+ The package pretty much came with everything you need. It came with the emory board and all plenty of the nail strips. 

+ I had my cousin and sister put these on my nails. They had a hard time.  I really do think that applying these strips will be easier on longer nails. My nails are pretty short and the leftover strip kept sticking  to my skin. ALSO the emory board kept rubbing against my skin while my cousins were trying to remove the excess strip. This can probably be avoided with longer nails. 

+ The strips kept bubbling and it was difficult to avoid this. We were quite annoyed. 

+ It did not take long for the nail strip to lift near the ends of my nails. 

I will assume that the problems that I had stemmed from our lack of experience in nail strips. This is why I recommend people try this product before they make a judgement. You MAY have a better experience!

All in all... I love my Voxbox and cannot wait to try the other products!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I definitely am!

XO

PS... I received these products complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely dislike goopy lip gloss...so i'm happy to hear that there are some lip glosses out there that are both moisturising and non-gloopy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I'm not normally a lip gloss kind of girl, but I'll definitely have to try this out! :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)