Friday, November 30, 2012

Where is AZ anyways?

Let's toast to it being Friday night. Thank God.

This week has been extremely busy at work and it feels good to know that I will have 2 days of rest before going back. How did I spend the rest of my afternoon? Shopping, of course. Christmas is right around the corner and I have to finish things up.

...and I am all tuckered out from shopping so I am going to leave you with my second "journal" entry.

-----
October 29

And the research has started. I was so intimidated by the research at first. But, now I think I have the hang of it. I am also realizing that as the research progresses, I am becoming more and more excited about the move. 

I am embarrassed to say this, but I actually had to pinpoint the exact location of Arizona. I knew it was between Texas and California but had NO IDEA that New Mexico was between Texas and Arizona. I'm a horrible American. I know! Just in case you needed a visual, I will post a Google map. 






Once I figured out WHERE my future home state was, it was important that Colon and I decided on my last day at my job. I have been so caught up in dreaming about our move that I have been able to push the sadness aside. But it finally hit me today when Colon and I started talking about the logistics of the move. 

Colon starts work on January 21st and we would like to have a week to move and get settled. This means that we would have to start the moving process by the 12th. As in January 12th. AS IN JANUARY 12TH. That is two and a half months away. It sounds like a long time but I am not a fool. I know that the time will fly by. Especially with the holidays  between now and then. 

So yes. Once I realized how close the move actually is, I realized that there is a little bit of sadness being hidden by the excitement. Sadness stemming from my love for my coworkers. They are amazing and I am so lucky to have had the opportunity to work with people that are not only coworkers. 
They are my friends. 
They are people I care about. 
They are people I trust. 
They are people I would like to keep in touch with.

This is why I was so nervous to tell them about my leaving. Of course, I had told them about the possibility of my moving. But it was only JUST a possibility. It wasn't finalized. but today, I told my boss. And it wasn't that bad. It definitely feels good to get rid of all this anxiety.

So... I am continuing my housing research and having fun with checking out all the options. By the time you read this, I probably will have already found somewhere to live. Fingers crossed!

--------

...And I STILL do not have a clue where I will be living. But that's OK because we will know in two or three weeks when we go visit Arizona and look at places to live.

Hope everyone is having a great night!


XOXO









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)