Monday, November 12, 2012

Riddikulus...

The weekend has come to an end and the week has started. This means that I am back home and have completed a day of work for the week. Yup. It's Monday-the day after an AMAZING weekend. 

In my last post, I mentioned that we were on our way to Orlando for a wedding. The wedding did not disappoint! But before we go into all of that I thought I would recount the happenings of my weekend. 

So let's start with 

****Friday...

I had been looking forward to Friday for the whole week and when it finally came it was hard for me to focus on work. I forced myself to focus, but it was hard. I ended up working until pm and headed home to pack. I'm a procrastinator and am thankful for a boyfriend who is a bigger procrastinator than I am. 

So, we finally hit the road by two. When I say "hit the road" I mean "left the house". And five minutes later we arrived at a Mickey D's and went in for a quick lunch. Nothing beats a healthy cheeseburger 

:::cough cough:::

Does anyone else like to talk during trips? Well, boo you if you don't because I definitely do. I tend to talk and talk and talk and talk... I know I was annoying Colon. He finally asked me if I brought my Kindle. It was his way of saying "Shut up and read!". 

That was how our hour and a half ride was spent. After we checked into our hotel, we went shopping. Remember how I mentioned that Colon and I were procrastinators? Well, we procrastinated on wedding clothes. I brought a dress (just in case), but I was looking forward to buying a new dress. 

First, we went to the outlets. We have been to the outlets several times before and we have started a precedence of Colon going home with more the 50% of our buys. He was on a mission because he did not have a back-up outfit. So, he HAD to find something that night. So, I was put to the side and we were on the hunt. We ended up finding him some awesome shoes. BUT we didn't find anything else that would be appropriate for the wedding. What did we find?

Picture found on Google Images
Buy it here

This Marc Ecko Star Wars jacket. Super awesome and I know Colon LOVED it. It was EXPENSIVE and we were on a budget. If not, I would have bought it for him. I thought they were sooooo cool!

Since we could not find a decent suit at the outlets, we ended up going to the mall. Thus commenced the grouchiness. I get extremely grouchy when I am hungry. Plus we had plans for dinner with my sister. I had not seen her in forever and she is one of those people that never answers the phone. So I was excited to see her. 

Dinner with her was great. I loved seeing her in the college setting. She is growing up and is becoming such a beautiful young woman. ::::tear::::

Oh and she said that I could keep Norton. So... Norton is MINE :) I am officially his momma! this makes my heart swell!

I cannot believe that we were able to do so much on Friday. I have not been sleeping well because of the time change, so Friday was an especially long day for me. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. 

***Saturday...

was the big day. It was the wedding day. I still had not found a dress or something to cover my shoulders so we headed to the mall. Have you ever had the cashier tell you that your card was declined or you had insufficient funds in your account? It is one of the most embarrassing things and it happened to me. I forgot to transfer money into my account and this resulted in one of the most embarrassing encounters of the trip. I swear I wanted to walk out of there and cry. I was so embarrassed.(How many times can I say embarrassed???)

The shopping spree was over. I had a bolero and a pair of new pumps in my hand and it was time to get ready for the wedding. Colon cleans up really well and I loved seeing him in the suit that he bought. If I could whistle, I definitely would have whistled!

Let me just say that this wedding was one of the most beautiful weddings I have been to. I was very impressed. The bride was beautiful and her dress was just... 

I don't even know how to describe it. I don't want to use the word gorgeous because that word does not do it justice. 

The food was amazing and the venue was unbelievable. Do you know what else was cool about this wedding? The freaking gift registry. This is the first time that I have seen a gift registry via amazon.com. All you have to do is order the gift online and the address is already stored. Easy peasy!

Now to 

***Sunday...

The day of my surprise. Colon is the best boyfriend ever. He knew how much I wanted to visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and he made it happen. I bought a wand and drank some butterbeer. Such an amazing time. I could not stop smiling from ear to ear. It was magical!


...and it was hard for me to leave Orlando after the weekend I had. Especially after visiting Hogsmeade. When we got back home I moped around for a little bit. I was hoping that I could use my wand, say "Riddikulus" and laugh the upcoming week (in this case it would be the bogart) away!

It didn't work. 

Hence, I am sitting here tonight, after a long days work, recounting the events of the weekend to you in this long ass post. Oh well. I had an amazing weekend and you should be jealous. You should also know that I wore short sleeves all weekend. So much for winter!

XO

PS... Harry Potter week is on ABC family this week! You know what I will be doing at 7 pm every day!






1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun!! Yeah, I tried to purchase something yesterday only to realize the the hubs had the bank card and I had only $2 and change... LOL :) Oh well

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)