Tuesday, November 27, 2012

AZ: On our way...p1

Hey ya'll... Tuesdays are boring. Aren't they?

Anyways... I don't have much to say today and though it would be nice to finally post my first journal entry about our upcoming move to Arizona.
--------
October 23, 2012

I am sitting here with so many emotions. I am so nervous. Yet I am so excited. It sucks because I am sitting her typing up a blog post that cannot be posted for another month or so. 

I have mentioned before about moving to Arizona. It is becoming more real by the second. I remember when Colon and I first started talking about it. He was in Arizona for his internship and he called me to speak about something "important". I remember when he told me. I started crying. I reacted horribly and I knew it. I just could not help myself. I could not imagine leaving my beautiful, sunny Florida. leaving the state that I grew up in. Leaving me family. 

Dropping everything for him. <---That is actually how I thought about it. 

My view has changed drastically over the last couple of months. At first, Colon was starting work in August 2013. Then it turned into January 2013. I felt so pressured. I told him I would move within 6 months of him leaving. But, I kept going back and forth in my mind. What was REALLY keeping me here. In Gainesville. My sisters are on their own doing their own thing. My mom is in a different part of the state. There was nothing tethering me to this town. 

Hell. Colon and I have been together for more than 5 years. We have talked about the future. We know what we want from each other. What was REALLY holding me back? I still do not have the answer to this, BUT I know a part of what was keeping me here was FAMILIARITY. I know the city. I have friends here. 

I just had to remember that an important person would be leaving soon. And he was not coming back. The person i want to spend my life with was moving to Arizona and he asked me to go with him. 

When did I make the decision to go with him? 

A couple of weeks ago. I was still going back and forth with my decision. Then, Colon's brother and parents came into town. The hour before they left, they sat at the dining table and started to talk about the Arizona move. They were actually starting to plan it out. As they started to talk about it, I knew that I wanted to go. No matter how scary it seemed, I was willing to go because I knew Colon would be there right with me. 

Once his parents left, we were sitting on the couch watching TV and I got up the nerve to tell him. you should have seen his face. He was all smiles. The past few weeks, I have caught him looking at me. He's had this goofy grin and he will randomly say "I cannot wait to move and show you Arizona" or "I cannot wait to start our 'new' life". He's so excited. 

And he isn't the only one. So am I. I have been bursting at the seams and cannot get enough of researching the city. We have been facing SO MANY questions. Questions like ...

*Where are we going to live? House or apartment?  I have spent the last couple of days researching and emailing apartment complexes. I have also been looking at houses for rent. This is not an easy task and I want to make sure to actually SEE our options before we make a decision. That leads to the next question...

*When are we going to see the city? We are sure as hell going to see the city before we make a housing decision. The toughest part about making this happen is deciding when we will go. We HAVE to be in Arizona by January 21. This is the day that Colon starts work. The thing is, there are so many things to consider. We still have school events and the holidays to consider. So, with everything we have on our plate, we booked our Arizona trip for December 14-18. 

I am just so excited and wish I could announce this to the world. But I cannot. I have to make sure that I have everything settled with work. I want to make sure that I give notice before start blabbering on about it on here. 

What's on my to-do list for now?

1. Find a place to live.
2. Give notice at work. 
3. Find out how early I should let my job know of my intentions to leave. 
4. TELL MY MOM and SISTERS.

BAHHH...

Anyways. By the time you read this, I will have done most of the things on that (small) to-do list.

Much love!

XO

----
Colon and I will be visiting Arizona next month, less than 3 weeks away! So that has been solved. AND I obviously have told my job about my intentions to leave.

So, is there anyone out there in Arizona that is reading this? Anything you can tell me about Arizona? Any places that I should be sure to visit and check out? What is there to do?

...and with that I am going to go. Love you all!

XO



2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, this big decisions are just so hard to make, and I'm so glad that you shared wrote about it while it was happening, because the emotion that comes through is just AMAZING.

    I don't know anything about arizona! But I can't wait to hear about your move! and the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know anything about Arizona. But I once read this quote on Pinterest:
    "Making a big life change is pretty scary. But know what's even scarier? Regret."

    And it's totally true. Can't wait to read about your adventures in Arizona!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)