Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Weeks of adjustments...

Look who it is...

Do you remember me?

You know... the [nonexistent] author of this here blog. 

Yes. I know. I missed you, too. I've just had so many things going on here in my little world and the lack of blogging motivation did not help anything. It never does.

But, I missed my blogging buddies and all of a sudden found my blogging motivation. What spurred the motivation? I have no freaking idea. I just was in the mood.

My last post was kind of heavy. But it also had some great news.


Norton joined the family. (FYI... Norton is my sister's turtle). I have wanted a tortoise for a few years and now I have a turtle. You won't believe how often I sit by the tank and watch Norton swim around. I absolutely love him. He has stolen everyone's heart. Even Colon's. Colon puts on this front. He says that he doesn't really like Norton. BUT I see him play with Norton when I am not around. He doesn't fool me.

Colon came back! Yup, you read that right. He's back and I can honestly say my life feels complete. Having him here is amazing and I am already dreading when he has to leave for his job in January. he will be leaving for good. BUT I refuse to think about that.

Think about the positive Lourdes. (And that's a command).

And...now I am talking to myself. Just great. Having Colon back has been great but he is driving me crazy... with happiness. Seriously though. These two weeks have been an adjustment.

Think about it. He has been gone for three or four months. Enough time for me to come up with a routine. When he was gone, I was allowed to be lazy and there was no one there to tell me I was crazy to clean my apartment every day. Yes. I cleaned EVERY DAY. Don't look surprised. I have mentioned that I was a little bit of a clean freak. So, you can imagine how irritating it could be when my not so cleanly (as me) boyfriend leaves things out. All I can say is that it is an adjustment.

Things have been getting better though. It's always amazing when I come home and see that he has made an effort. Just the other day I came home and he was cleaning his man cave. He's definitely a keeper! This is only reinforced by the fact that he has an awesome family, lets me play video games, AND takes me to football games.

His parents have come up twice and I have had an amazing time with them each time that they have been up. Taking them around Gainesville so that they could see the town in which their son has lived for the past few years. They even came last weekend and went to a football game.


  Our first football game of the season.

So much fun. Although Florida football has changed drastically in the last few years (from my undergrad...Tim Tebow...cough cough), it is always fun to go to a Gator game. The swamp is amazing and I was so happy to share that experience with Colon's parents. I am sure that they enjoyed themselves.

And because this post is getting just a little bit long, I will just post pictures of my current obsessions. All pictures were taken and posted to Instagram.

1. Doctor Who
 2. Diablo III
3. Turtle measuring cups
4. Football Oreo Cookies

So, I think I will leave for now but before I go, keep your prayers and thoughts with those who died on this day in 2001. Never forget!

Love you all!

XO



1 comment:

  1. I've missed your posts. Glad Colon is back for a bit. I know how much you missed him. Yay for Gator football!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)