Sunday, July 1, 2012

Routers just don't like me...

Here I am on a Sunday night. I am frustrated and about to flip out on the damn router. Yup. You read that right. My internet is still not working. I first noticed that my computer had trouble connecting to my Wi-Fi signal on Thursday after work. I did not panic at first. After reseting the router, I decided that I wouldn't waste time worrying about it and just wait to call Cox the next day if it still wasn't working.

Then comes Friday. I come home form work and try to connect wirelessly (sp?). It was a no-go. That was when I started to get frustrated. I got so frustrated that I called Cox and spoke with a representative. and THAT'S how I spent my Friday night! A 2-hour phone call for him to come to the same conclusion that I had come up with in the first place. 


To let off steam, I went out for dinner and spent the rest of the night at a coffee shop. Yes. My loner tendencies came out again. I sat at that coffee shop for hours and read. [By the way, I have been reading up a storm. I have added 5 or 6 books to my list since the last time I posted. I will update you on my reading list for the next couple of days!]

Since Colon was in Vegas for the weekend, I didn't expect to hear from him too much. So, I kept myself busy for the weekend. As usual, I was up by 8:30 on Saturday. [That sounds awful!]. I then went to a thrift store to check out the finds. little did I know that said thrift store was having a sale. I came out with so much and only pent $20. Seriously, I left with 30 to 40 books and some cute clothing pieces.

After dropping off my thrift store finds, I grabbed some lunch and headed to Devil's Millhopper. After walking the nature trail and taking pictures, I laid out a blanket by the sink hole, pulled out my book and lost track of time. I got a thousand mosquito bites and I almost drowned from the humidity outside. BUT I had fun. 


Today was clean-up day. I tidied the house and altered some of my thrift store finds from yesterday. Not so bad of a weekend. I WAS dreading work tomorrow but I then realized that we have Wednesday off for the 4th of July! Yay!

To end the post, I want to do a One Minute Writer entry.




Today's topic is

"Many people in the U.S. have been experiencing a heat wave. Describe something cold."

Here I go.

"There's something in the way that you brushed your hand on my face. After I told you how I felt, I could see it in your eyes. The way that you turned your body away from me. Your body language. You can't hide it from me. Although you may not be trying to hide it. your just reverting back to the old cold shoulder."


And with that, I bid you a goodnight!

Toodles!

XO


1 comment:

  1. I hate routers too. Mine keeps going in and out constantly. I'll click on a great website, only to look down and see that I am no longer connected. Technology rules, but sometimes it sucks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)