Monday, July 2, 2012

Entire or Rose?

Are you there blogger, it' me Lourdes.

Flashback to Judy Blume. It was Judy Blume right? 

Oh and I bet you are wondering what the title of this post is alluding to...

Anyways, yesterday, I said that I would update ya'll (ha! Colon will love that I used that contraction!) on my reading list. For those of you that are new to this blog space, I will fill you in. (You can also read this post to catch up). At the New-years-resolution-making-time, I decided that I would read a book a month. I am proud to say that I have exceeded that goal. When I finished reading my twelfth book (you can read about it here), I decided to extend it to 24 books for the year. I am proud to say that I have finished my 24th book.    This has shown my that:

a) I love to read
b) Colon's absence was good for my resolution, and
c) I read really fast!

So yes. After my last Book-a-month post, I was at my 17th book. I had just finished the 50 Shades of Grey series and was having Ana and Christian withdrawals. I was hopelessly in love with Christian and really needed another romance novel. Cue in the suggestions from fellow bloggers. I asked and you responded. You gave me book suggestions and I read some of them and added six books to my list. 

Then... I got tired of the whole romance genre. I needed to move on. 

Cue my trip to the public library. This trip rekindled my love affair with books. I walked in like a child in a candy store. I could not stop smiling. I went through the aisles and started thumbing through the pages of different books.

Suddenly, I came upon Kay Kenyon. My eyes lit up and I started to remember that I had intended to continue the "Entire and the Rose" series. I read the first book a year ago. It's entitled Bright of the Sky and you will not be able to put the book down once you start it. I promise that you will not be disappointed. If you are interested and you have a kindle, you should download it. It's free on Amazon

 After finishing this book, I was ready to start the second book.. BUT there was a complication. I am cheap and was not willing to buy all three of the books. Fast forward to last weekend. I came upon the last two books of the series and checked them out. When I got home, I was eager to start the reading. That was when I realized that I did not check out the second book of the series. There was no way that I was going back to the library. SO, I swallowed my cheap instincts and bought the second book on my kindle. 

It was totally worth it. A World Too Near (That is the title of the second book. I have no idea why I did not name it earlier) was engrossing. I could not put the book down and highly recommend it to people. I would give a description of the book but I have this bad habit of giving everything away. so, all I will say is

 "READ THIS SERIES!" It won't disappoint. Plus, if you read it, then you will know what my post title is about!

Hope everyone is having an awesome day!

XO


2012 Reading log

1. Dracula -Bram Stoker

2. The Vampire Chronicles: Interview with the Vampire -Anne Rice

3. The Vampire Chronicles: The Vampire Lestat -Anne Rice
4. The Vampire Chronicles: The Queen of the Damned - Anne Rice
5. The Vampire Chronicles: The Tale of the Body Thief -Anne Rice
6. The Hunger Games -Suzanne Collins
7. Catching Fire- Suzanne Collins
8. Mockingjay -Suzanne Collins
9. Alice in Wonderland -Lewis Carrol
10. Memoirs of a Geisha
11. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button- F. Scott Fitzgerald
12. Wideacre -Philippa Gregory
13. The Favoured Child- Philippa Gregory
14. Meridon -Philippa Gregory
15. Fifty Shades of Grey- E.L. James
16. Fifty Shades Darker -E.L. James
17. Fifty Shades Freed -E.L. James
18. The Heartbreaker- Nicole Jordan
19. The Outlaw- Nicole Jordan
20. Bared to You- Sylvia Day
21. Riding on Instinct- Jaci Burton
22. Riding Temptation- Jaci burton
23. Riding Wild- Jaci Burton
24. A World too near- Kay Kenyon



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)