Thursday, July 12, 2012

Classy Sundays and a little bit of wine...

Let me start by saying that I have already had a few glasses of wine to celebrate my best friends accomplishment of passing his masters exams. So,

CONGRATULATIONS CHRIS!

Now that we have established that I am quite happy (and tipsy....), lets do a recap of my week. So sit down, relax, and enjoy.

It has been such a great week so far. I wish I could say that it was due to things in my everyday life, but I would be lying if I did. It all started last Sunday. Crazy events happened during the day but the day ended with the greatest gift.


Chris came!!!!!!!!!! 

I had not seen him in a couple of years and I was beyond excited! Seeing him brightened my day. He truly is one of my best friends! For those of you who do not know, I met Chris on campus during our Freshman year at UF. It was a beautiful Florida night and our Chemistry class had been moved to a different room. We both were looking for the room and became friends.

He moved to Virginia after graduating from UF and has just completed an online Masters program with UF. In order to complete the program, he had to return to Gainesville to take a few exams. Lucky for me that I get to see my best friend.

It has been amazing to have him here. He is so much like me and gets me. I don't have to put too much effort into our friendship. I can just be myself.

What else has made me happy? My boyfriend. Yesterday was a stressful day at work and he surprised me with a bouquet of flowers.



He is amazing and makes me so happy. These flowers made me so happy. Yet they made me miss him more. It has been almost two months and I have not seen him. i cannot wait until we can move on from this long distance shit. 

Oh something else exciting happened last weekend. Wait, did I say it was exciting? I meant that it was f*ing scary. A friend and I decided to have a nice day at the pool. There we are sitting outside and talking when I noticed a guy scoping out the people at the pool. I mentioned it to my friend, made eye contact with him (giving him the "I see you" look), and kept up a conversation with my friend. All of a sudden, we hear a man yelling "stop". It turns out that the sketchy man asked this couple for a a towel and while they were starting to say "no", he yanked their iPad out of their hands and jumped the fence. Yup. We had a classy Sunday.

My life is interesting and boring at the same time.

Gotta love it.

I hope everyone else is having a great week! Now I have to go and lie down. Too much wine!

XO






4 comments:

  1. Congrats to your friend Chris!!
    Holy moly, that story about the pool is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, wine with best friends is the best! I got to have a phone date tonight with one of mine. :)

    Boo on sketchy people at the beach. That is not cool!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You see this is why I tell the hubs to always watch around you. People are craaazy! :)

    Aw love the flowers. That was so sweet!

    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found you through Whispering Sweet Nothings. I am in Florida too! I am now following.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)