Monday, July 16, 2012

Chris...come back!

It's been about a week since I have checked into this here blog. I promise that I had a good distraction. Can you guess what it is? Did you even pay attention to the last post? No? Then go read it really quickly and I will wait right here. 

::::

::::

::::

::::

Are you caught up? Yes?

 Well, then you know that Chris was in town for the past week. It was one of the best weeks I've had in the past couple of months and it makes me love Chris more. I love that he is so much like me and is fine with being lazy all of the time. there were moments that we would retreat into our rooms and read. But, we were not lonely or bored.

This past weekend, we spent a significant amount of time with his family. OH. MY. GOD. I loved them. They blew my mind. They were loud. They said what was on their mind. They were open. Very different from my family but I loved them just the same.

So, I  had an amazing week (and weekend) with my best friend. But of course, good things always come to an end. Yup. He left today. I tried to make light of his leaving but I was actually fighting (successfully... I might add) tears.

The apartment feels so empty. <====That is a statement that should shock people. I hate having people in my apartment (for long periods of time) and Chris is the first person (other than Colon and my family) that did not get on my nerves while staying in my apartment. I like my space. I like my alone time. AND I hate it when people invade it. But Chris managed to get past that bubble and I actually feel lonely now that he is gone.

So yes. I am a little bit depressed. This lead to a trip to the store to buy back up bottles of wine. To be honest, I am sitting here finishing off my second glass. But I am fine. I realize how lucky I am to have had Chris visit Gainesville. I am lucky to have such an amazing best friend. A friend that I have so much in common with. A friend that loves me for my quirks.

I miss him terribly.

But... Life goes on. It's not like I will never see him again. I get to look forward to Skype sessions and I promise to visit him.

To sum this up. I love Chris and I miss him like crazy.

Before you leave, please read this article and please pray for the family of this girl. I cannot imagine something like this happening to me or my family and am praying for them.

Keep them in your prayers.

XO





1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. It stinks when people you love have to leave.

    Oh and I will praying for that girl's family. The SAME exact thing happened to a childhood friend of mine when she went to UF. I cried when I found out. Such a sad thing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)