Sunday, June 10, 2012

Fifty shades of moody

I have been falling into a rut for the past two or three weeks. I have had so many diversions and yet I find myself closing in. Shrinking away from human contact. All I want to do is stay in and relax. I'm not depressed. It's just a phase.

While I have been in this mood, I could think of nothing else to do but read. Yup. I have read 5 books in the last three weeks.

The last book I mentioned was Wideacre by Philippa Gregory. It was the first book to the Wideacre series and this was the second time that i have read it. I have read the series when I was younger and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. So, after I finished Wideacre I immediately started reading the next book.


This is the second book of the series and it is set in Wideacre after Harry and Beatrice are dead. Julia and Richard are left to carry on the Lacey name. This book is just as engrossing as Wideacre is. I constantly found myself cursing Richard and rooting Julia on. AND I am sure that if you read this book you will have the same feelings! READ THE BOOK! I promise it won't disappoint. 


This is the third and final book in the series. This book is different. It is not solely set on Wideacre and Meridon is different. I was so frustrated with her at times and wanted to slap her for the decisions that she makes. But in the end I ended up loving her just as I loved her mother and her grandmother. I would say that this is a must-read!


After this series, I wanted to read more of Philippa Gregory books. I had read her Tudor line before and wanted to read it again. I decided to take a break from this author and try something else. For a couple of weeks now, People have been mentioning the Fifty Shades series by E.L. James. The last time I spoke with my sister, she recommended that I read them. Then, my mother had just recently visited me and gave me the Fifty Shades series books. 

Yup.

  MY MOTHER gave it to me. 

So, I was intrigued. I picked up the books and started them. A week after starting them, I was done. I was obsessed. i could not put the books down. When I first started them, I was skeptical. Was I really going to like this?

I did. I ended up falling in love with Mr. Christian Grey. 

Yes. I said it. 

I fell in love. 

It is a great love story and all you girls out there should read it. I am going to keep tabs on E.L. James and am looking forward to her future works!

So, These five books bring my tally to 17 books. 

1. Dracula -Bram Stoker
2. The Vampire Chronicles: Interview with the Vampire -Anne Rice
3. The Vampire Chronicles: The Vampire Lestat -Anne Rice
4. The Vampire Chronicles: The Queen of the Damned - Anne Rice
5. The Vampire Chronicles: The Tale of the Body Thief -Anne Rice
6. The Hunger Games -Suzanne Collins
7. Catching Fire- Suzanne Collins
8. Mockingjay -Suzanne Collins
9. Alice in Wonderland -Lewis Carrol
10. Memoirs of a Geisha
11. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button- F. Scott Fitzgerald
12. Wideacre -Philippa Gregory
13. The Favoured Child- Philippa Gregory
14. Meridon -Philippa Gregory
15. Fifty Shades of Grey- E.L. James
16. Fifty Shades Darker -E.L. James
17. Fifty Shades Freed -E.L. James

So... my mood has not changed and I think I will keep reading. Now to decide on a book... 

Any ideas?

XO





1 comment:

  1. oh gosh, i've definitely had those phases, girl! hope you feel better soon!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)