Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I have not broken it yet...

I have not been updating my progress in my "book a Month" resolution, but I have been keeping up with my reading. I am proud to say that I have not broken my resolution thus far. 

I guess I can start with my book(s) for March. I started off the year with a vampire trend by reading the first few books of The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. They are great books but they are SOOOOO long. With my busy schedule, it was taking me forever to finish them. 

At the end of February, when I finished The Body Thief, I moved on to the next book in the series. I got 30% into Memnoch The Devil when The Hunger Games was mentioned everywhere. There were commercials for the movie. It was everywhere on the blog-o-sphere. 

Seeing all of the commercials for the movie got me so excited. I read the books a couple of months ago, but I wanted to make sure the books were fresh in my mind. Sooo... I decided to reread the books. Yup. I read three books in March and I am proud of myself. I finished the books a week before the month ended. Although it was my second time reading them, I was obsessed. I could not put the books down. That is why I took a break from reading at the end of March. That and I was so excited for the movie and did not want another story to "cloud" my memories of the book.

A couple of days ago, I decided to start a new book. I wanted something light and finishing Memnoch the Devil was not an option. So, I looked at the list of books that I made and saw that Alice in Wonderland followed the books in The Vampire Chronicles. I had never read the book and have only seen the movies. I was curious about Alice in Wonderland.  Was it going to be as trippy as the movies? 

...and it was. It was short and sweet. Kind of confusing, but I definitely enjoyed it. Personally, I like the book more than I like the movie. I am just surprised at how short the book is. It literally took me 2 days to read and it took me 2 days because I had work and house chores that got in the way. 

So, I have finished my April book. No more reading until May, right? Ha...like that would happen. I went to my handy-dandy reading list and found that Memoirs of a Geisha was next. Such a change in moods. I am a couple of pages into the book and am intrigued. I have not seen the movie and I know I am pretty late with reading the book. It seems like everyone I know has either a)seen the movie OR b) read the book. Nope. Not me. I am so behind. But I will catch up. The book is good so far.

So, this post was wordy and long. Sorry if it was boring. I commend you for staying and reading through this, though. 

Before I go, I want to list the books I have read this year. Just so I can keep tabs.

1. Dracula -Bram Stoker
2. The Vampire Chronicles: Interview with the Vampire -Anne Rice
3. The Vampire Chronicles: The Vampire Lestat -Anne Rice
4. The Vampire Chronicles: The Queen of the Damned - Anne Rice
5. The Vampire Chronicles: The Tale of the Body Thief -Anne Rice
6. The Hunger Games -Suzanne Collins
7. Catching Fire- Suzanne Collins
8. Mockingjay -Suzanne Collins
9. Alice in Wonderland -Lewis Carrol

So that's 9 books in 4 months. That is pretty good. I am ahead for the year. That gives me a little leeway just in case a slack off. (You know how lazy I can get!)

Anyways... this post is long enough... 

I'm going to read and then pass out.

Have an amazing night blogworld!

XO










No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)