Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Curious Case ...of a Geisha?!?

Hahahahaha <==== That is what I am hearing right now. 

I am in bed using the netbook to type. I am comfortable and ready for bed. A real old lady. What is Colon doing? Laughing his ass off while watching Shin Chan AND being extremely lazy working extremely hard on his project. For those of you who are thinking "What the hell is Shin Chan," Just look at the picture that I posted below. 
found here

Such a weird show, but I have to admit that I enjoy it. Shhhhhh don't tell Colon

Anyways, I am currently in bed, watching Monk, and trying to relax. I plan on opening a book turning on my Kindle and reading my latest book. This has become my nightly routine and I love it. PLUS, I have added two more books to my "completed" list. 

The last time I wrote about my "Book a month" resolution, I mentioned that I had started Memoirs of a Geisha. It took me nine days to finish it (which is basically forever) but I think it was good timing since work and other responsibilities got in the way. I definitely recommend this book and it was hard for me to put it down. 

I remember when the movie came out a couple of years ago. (I was still in high school...I think it was during my junior year). Everyone said the book was amazing and that the movie was amazing. I had never seen the movie and always thought a Geisha was a prostitute. I am serious. that is what I thought and was quite hesitant to read the book. I am so glad that I read the book and I am so sad that the book is over.

I finished the book this morning right before I went to work and I was ready to go buy the movie during my lunch break. But, I did not do that. I ate lunch and started a new book. Change of mood and change of pace.

 A few years ago, I saw the movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I had no idea there was a book (short story) by the same name. That is why I was so excited when I came across the short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I have read many of his works and have enjoyed them. I also thought that the book would be similar to the movie. I was wrong. I started the book at lunch and finished it when I got home from work. It literally took me 2 or 3 hours (total) to read the book. It was short and did not live up to my expectations. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy it. 

So, I guess I can add 2 more books to my list...


1. Dracula -Bram Stoker
2. The Vampire Chronicles: Interview with the Vampire -Anne Rice
3. The Vampire Chronicles: The Vampire Lestat -Anne Rice
4. The Vampire Chronicles: The Queen of the Damned - Anne Rice
5. The Vampire Chronicles: The Tale of the Body Thief -Anne Rice
6. The Hunger Games -Suzanne Collins
7. Catching Fire- Suzanne Collins
8. Mockingjay -Suzanne Collins
9. Alice in Wonderland -Lewis Carrol
10. Memoirs of a Geisha
11. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Seeing this list makes me feel great. I have not broken my resolution and I can technically stop after the next book. BUT I will not do that.

What am I going to read next?

  Wideacre by Philippa Gregory. It's a great book that I read several years ago. Actually I have already read the series, but I can't remember anything. So, I am going to read it again.

OK... I am tired and falling asleep. I think I will fore go reading tonight and I'll just start the book manana.

Have a great night everyone!

XO





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)