Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A weekend trip and a tablet...

Hello Hello...

I hope your week has been great so far. Mine definitely has been! Students are back from Spring break and the town is filled with people again. With the influx of people comes the increase of work within the office.

This busy week followed such an amazing weekend. The last time I wrote, I mentioned that I was heading down south...to Miami. That last post was a little bit moody. I was tired and exhausted and I used that entry to take out my frustration.

Well, things got better from there. After I finished my entry, Colon was almost done finishing some last minute school work.

[[Yes, HE was the one holding us back. He has been complaining that I stay at work too late and kept telling me that I have to come home early on Friday. So, I left work at a reasonable time. FOR NOTHING.]]

So, he finished his schoolwork, packed (again... look at how awesome I am... I packed the night before), and we headed out. The drive down was interesting. At the beginning, it was quite boring. Then the sugar kicked in. I was hyper and kept talking and moving around. Yup, I drove Colon crazy.

When the sugar crash finally hit, I leaned my chair back and tried to fall asleep. But, of course, it starts to storm and huge lightning bolts were filling the sky. It was terrifying and I was worried about driving in the storm. Oh well. We finally made it to Miami. And I passed out right away. Colon's mom was so excited to see him, she gave us huge hugs and kept telling us stories. I love her!

The next day was...LONG. We woke up around 10 and lounged around for a few. We then met up with one of Colon's friends and went to the beach. I really needed this! I had not seen a beach in FOREVER.

It was such a beautiful day. It wasn't too hot. There was a beautiful breeze. AND I didn't take many pictures. SAD!

Once we got tired of the beach, we found dinner at a restaurant, called Paul, along Lincoln Road. If you are ever in Miami Beach and decide to walk along Lincoln Road, I suggest that you AT LEAST get a pastry from here. You will love it! I promise!

That night, we went to an area called Las Olas in Fort Lauderdale. Let's just say that I had not had a drink in forever and my (already low) tolerance of alcohol greatly affected.

The next day was sad. I did not want to leave and I could not set up a time to see my sister before I left for home. What did we end up doing before we started the drive? We bought Colon's tablet. Yes. I said it. Colon has finally given in to the tablet-lust that he has been suffering from these last few months. He is so cute. When he found out he could get it, his eyes got big and he was cheesing! SO CUTE. After buying it, he immediately set it up. Only AFTER the tablet was set up, could we start the trek back to Gainesville.

The rest of the day was boring. So I won't highlight it. All you have to know is that we drove back and got back to Gainesville in one piece.

So, that was my amazing weekend. Can you see why I did not want to go back to work? Now I am going through this week and waiting for the next two weekends. Colon's brothers and a couple of his friends are coming up this weekend. It is going to be a full house and a crazy St. Patrick's day weekend.

THEN the weekend after, my mom and sisters and I are going to Epcot. Wooohooo. Drinking around the world!

So, I have a lot to look forward too. I just need to stay focused during work.

Oh, have any of you seen the "SECRETS" series on the "Whispering sweet nothings" blog? I stumbled upon it the other day and it kind of reminds me of "Postsecret" (which I love). I think you should check it out! It's a great idea!

Night blog-world!

XO





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)