Thursday, February 16, 2012

Onto a new path

Wow... Today was an interesting day. It was long and overwhelming. I have taken in so much information and am so exhausted. Through all of this, I am still extremely happy. I cannot wipe this smile off of my face. 

All of these conflicting emotions are coming from one thing. I have been hoping for this for a while and I finally have it in my grasp. You may recall that I did not have too many New Year's resolutions. In fact, I only had 3 specific resolutions. (You can see them here) I can now say that I have completed one of my New Year's resolutions. 

I have worked my ass off and have shown loyalty to the company. I have shown interest in moving up and now   I have officially moved up in the company. I am so excited for this new path that I am entering and am so appreciative of those that have helped me and that have believed in me along the way. 

Now I have to prove them right. That is why I am so nervous. This isn't new. Whenever I start something new (school, work, club, etc), I am filled with anxiety. I am filled with doubt. But, I have found that using these feelings as a driving force has kept me on my toes and can be used as a driving force. 

Today was a stepping stone into my new path. I went to training and...wow... I have a lot to learn. But, these are things that will become easier with practice. I have enough faith in myself to know that I will do an amazing job. I just have to work hard. 

There are just a few things that I know I have to work on... One of the most important is...

I have to work on waking up around 7am. Yes, this is a big girl job and I have to be there early. If you know me, then you know how hard it is for me to get out of bed. But, this should be no problem. As long as I start a routine. I just have to go to bed early. 

Well, It's late and I am exhausted. I actually woke up at 7:30 for training (which started at 9am). I hope everyone else's day was as great as mine was.

Night blog land

XO


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new role! That is so awesome. I just started a new job myself and I can totally relate to have so much to learn and feeling a bit overwhelmed. But I don't need to tell you - that in a few months you'll be an old hand at this job and wonder why you were ever nervous :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)