Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines day

I have seen this floating around on several blogs and I have decided to try it too. It originated on this blog.




Here I go!

----
1. How long have you and your significant other been together?

It will be 5 years in April. So excited!

2. How did you meet? 

To be honest, It really wasn't anything special. I mean...when I first met him, I did not think "This is the guy I am going to date".  Here, let me explain...

It had to be September or October of 2006. We were both in our 1st semester of Freshman year at UF and were utilizing the bus system. I had a class that ended at 8 and always had to take the bus home. He always played soccer at night and was either: 

a) riding the buses to campus so that he could play soccer
b)riding the bus to the dining hall
c)riding the bus from the dining hall, or
d) riding the bus home from playing soccer

Well, we would always see each other on the bus and not say a word. Finally, Colon said something. What did he say? 

"It's hot in here"

Yup. That's what he said. Oh, and he did a gesture with it, too. Being the shy person that I am, I only nodded. 

After that, we started talking to each other. I don't know what our first conversation was about, but we ended up taking the same Calculus class the next semester. After class, we would walk with each other for as long as we could before we had to split up to go to our respective classes. Then, one day I asked him to get ice cream with me. This one "hang-out date" turned into a daily routine. 

He never really asked me out. We just started dating. And here we are... four and three quarters of a year later.  Serious relationship!

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry?

We are not married but we talk about marriage here and there. We both see marriage in our future but both think that we have a couple things we need to accomplish before we get married. Here are a few of the things...

a) Colon graduate and get a full time job
b) I have to get a (serious) job and make sure I am financially independent. 
c)I have to pay off at least 1/2 of my student loans. This is extremely important to me. I do not want him to take on my debt.

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?

Colon and I have been going back and forth about our wedding. I want a small wedding with family and a few close friends. He would like a huge wedding with all of his friends. So, I guess it will be "smig". We both have to compromise, right?

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do Share!

Oh... we have a ton and they are extremely weird. I can't think of all of them, but the names that I use often are "Babu", and "Babulicious". He calls me "Boogaloo" and "Boogie". 

We also use the standard "Baby" and "Babe".

6. Name three things you love most about your honey.

The way he laughs. It is so cute and genuine. 

How much love I see in his expression when he looks at me. It melts my heart and makes me feel so special.

How much of a gentleman he is. I have seen him stop what he is doing to help an old lady with her bags. He still opens the car door (heck...any door) for me. He is such a cutie.

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?

I honestly do not have an "ideal" proposal. Just as long as it is not in front of a lot of people. I don't know why, I just don't want to be proposed to in front of a crowd. It's just pressure to react a certain way.

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?

I would say both. Our first Valentines day, he got me flowers and a teddy bear. BUT, he is normally an extremely romantic guy, so I can definitely see him doing the "strawberries, champagne, and rose petals" thing.  

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?

Oh, this is easy. The couch and I are BEST friends. PLUS, that is exactly what we did Sunday night.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?

I would love to go to Europe. More specifically... France. 

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.

We both have busy days...so... we celebrated this weekend. He took me to a restaurant and I stuffed my face. We then went home and watched Star Wars. yes, it sounds nerdy. But, I had so much fun! 

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentines day?

Not really. I am just asking that he be in town. And he is... so yeah. I guess I got what I wanted!

13. Give us a piece of advice for keeping a relationship strong and full of love.

I honestly think there are several things that are needed for a strong relationship. One needs to be themselves and make sure that they are "OK" with themselves. Once this is done, you can be an equal "contender" in a relationship. Compromise is important and communication is a must!

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.



Hope you are enjoying the day and spending it with the one you love!

XOXO 



3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this little thing going around but I love it! And I love learning more about you and your man! Perfect for Valentines Day! Well done Lourdes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun questionnaire! hope you're having a great vday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with your advice! you must love yourself before you can love someone else. compromise and communication are probably the most important... next to love of course ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)