Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Exhausted and happy all in one

Hey ya'll... Lourdes here...

It's been a couple of days since I have checked in and a-lot has happened since then. My brain has had to process so much information and I am slightly overwhelmed. It doesn't help that I have not had a day off since some time last week. 

I completed my third day of my new job. I have a report due tomorrow and I spent the day working on it. Thank God that I was able to shadow another person who has to do the same report. She was so helpful and I appreciate her taking the time to explain things to me. 

But, her training could not help me today. There was so much to do. Basically, the report helps me stay on task. It allows me to see how I am doing and alerts me to anything that needs to be fixed. I have to do it once a month. This means that any problem that I see that originates from a couple of months ago has shown up on this report before. While I was working on this report, I noticed "alerts" that had to have been there for the last 4 months. That means the last 4 months have shown that something has to be done. 

Yup...somebody has been slacking which caused me to spend half of my work day correcting. I still have a couple of things to do tomorrow before I submit it. The good thing about this is that it forces me to learn about certain situations. Information overload. But, it's OK. It was just my first one. 

I have to keep reminding myself that it's only my third day and I am still picking up on things. I am not dumb and I know that I can do a great job. I just have to build myself up form the bottom. 

I may be exhausted but I am definitely enjoying myself. I love figuring things out. I may leave work drained, but I have a purpose and I am working with great people. I cannot forget to mention the people. They have been so helpful and patient with me. They are great!

I feel like my last few posts have been all about work. Sorry if you are bored. I just need an outlet. 

I hope you have been having a great week.

XO


2 comments:

  1. When you love what you do, you don't mind it keeping you late. xo happy day

    ReplyDelete
  2. starting a new job is always sooo tiring! you'll get it! and yes, it was jim carey! love love him, esp in dumb and dumber!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and definitely enjoy reading them. Please be kind! :)